JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Dec 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #32 of 182
Oh, I was hoping for less driver count and much shallower fitting shells. That red one looks like it could be another frankenbolt.

Probably not, since we're in the midst of a driver arms race. The more, the better merrier?

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #33 of 182
Interesting. Glad I already got the Roxanne's, so I can just observe without being tempted. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #34 of 182
I really like the "Angie" circular case in red - may order one of those by itself.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #35 of 182
I really like the "Angie" circular case in red - may order one of those by itself.

Yeah. It'll be really cool if they offered a case engraving service.

They seem really small though, something like the UM case I received with my Mentor. It's compact enough for the IEMs and the stock cable. I think aftermarket cables are going to be mightily difficult to squeeze in them.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #36 of 182
According to the Chinese (if their grammar is correct), Layla will be the 8 driver, and Angie will be the 12 driver.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #37 of 182
for those that didnt see, Jude talked about both Angie and Layla on head fi tv here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746964/jh-audio-layla-and-angie-head-fi-tv

Info shown in that thread:

In this Head-Fi exclusive, we take a look at Jerry Harvey Audio's two new universal-fit Siren Series IEMs, the Layla and the Angie, which will be officially announced a little later in Tokyo.

The JH Audio Layla is a 12-driver (quad-low, quad-mid, quad-high) in-ear monitor, and is the new flagship of the Jerry Harvey Audio line. The universal-fit Layla is priced at $2499.

The JH Audio Angie is an 8-driver (dual-low, dual-mid, quad-high) in-ear monitor, and comes in as the most affordable model in Jerry Harvey Audio's Siren Series. The universal-fit Angie is priced at $999.

The universal-fit versions of the Layla and Angie are being offered exclusively through Astell&Kern, and Astell&Kern's distributors and dealers worldwide.

The custom-fit versions of the Jerry Harvey Audio Layla and Angie will be offered directly through Jerry Harvey Audio in the first quarter of 2015.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #38 of 182
Now I am slightly pissed.  Isn't that the Roxanne suppose to be top of the line and now this?

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #40 of 182
  Now I am slightly pissed.  Isn't that the Roxanne suppose to be top of the line and now this?

yea that's how i feel. wasn't there a thread claiming that Jerry said Roxanne's would be the TOTL for at least 2 years? I only just received my Rox in October 
confused_face.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #41 of 182
Likewise.  I am not trying to sound like sour grapes, but for around $2500, the Noble Prestige line seems to be better, at least look wise.

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #42 of 182
yea that's how i feel. wasn't there a thread claiming that Jerry said Roxanne's would be the TOTL for at least 2 years? I only just received my Rox in October 

JH might soon be the Samsung Equivalent of IEM Company lol. New toys coming out so fast that you just cant seem to keep up. :p

That said I still vastly preferred my JH13 Freqphase custom over a Universal Roxanne. Lets hope these two girls will more than adequately make up for what Roxanne has fall short of in my books. :rolleyes:

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #43 of 182
I just.. I....
/_\

don't know it's a good thing or not, I sold my Roxanne UF yesterday and now I am preparing to get a CM Roxanne. The Layla just jump out in front of me. Maybe I should wait and try the Layla first...?

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #44 of 182
Maybe, as it is much easier to stock universal from JH than wait for the CF Rox, not to mentioned that Earphone Solutions will probably have some kind of freebie for it.

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #45 of 182
I think they are testing the market to see how much people will pay. Same amount of drivers as Roxannes but charging way more $. That will be a nice profit margin for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back