JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #393 of 1,149
  if i see them i will ask and let you know. have not seen them setting up yet.

Thanks. I am tempted to order the universals, I have the Shure SE846 right now, and would like a little more high-end treble / clarity, which I have heard that the Roxanne's have. At the very least I would hope to be able to at least demo them. One question regarding demos, do I need to bring my own sleeves? Or do they provide them?

Thanks again,

Y2J

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #394 of 1,149
  Thanks. I am tempted to order the universals, I have the Shure SE846 right now, and would like a little more high-end treble / clarity, which I have heard that the Roxanne's have. At the very least I would hope to be able to at least demo them. One question regarding demos, do I need to bring my own sleeves? Or do they provide them?

Thanks again,

Y2J

I currently have the SE846 as well.  I tested the Roxanne CIEMs and I think you will like it if you are looking for a bit more high-end treble/clarity.  

The CIEMs are bigger than I expected, and if you get to demo the UIEMs I would love to hear how it compares to the SE846 in size, as I am also thinking about the Roxannes UIEMs, but if they are much bigger than the SE846 I may have issues with fit.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #395 of 1,149

Thanks again,

Y2J

When I demoed the custom at Canjam they had tips. If that is what you mean by sleeves. I would think they will have tips here.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #396 of 1,149

Thanks again,

Y2J

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the Roxanne's high-end treble extension and clarity. It may be better than the 846 but not better than the SM64 which I use to use before I got these universals.

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #398 of 1,149
No universals for sale at the show. They do have tips for demos for you to usr.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking about jumping on a set of universals that I might be able to get shipped out to me today for delivery tomorrow. Or do I wait and go to the show tomorrow and demo them first? Decisions, Decisions...You think I would have any problem unloading the Roxanne universals on here if I don't like them?

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #401 of 1,149
  I know that is the smart thing to do, but I'm the type that wants things now...Affraid the pair I might be able to get ahold of won't be available come Monday.

I went ahead and placed the order, I am going to go and try to demo them tomorrow at the show, and then make a determination whether to keep or sell them before I open the package. Depending on what I decide either these or my Shure SE846 will be going up in the Marketplace. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #402 of 1,149
Hello all,

I've been tracking Roxanne impressions and issues since they began shipping and just placed my order about a week ago and sent the ear molds yesterday.  Any idea what the leadtime is now for new orders?  Has the connector breakage issue been fully resolved?

Cheers,
Paul

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #403 of 1,149
  Hello all,

I've been tracking Roxanne impressions and issues since they began shipping and just placed my order about a week ago and sent the ear molds yesterday.  Any idea what the leadtime is now for new orders?  Has the connector breakage issue been fully resolved?

Cheers,
Paul

Looks like the "nuts" connector issue is resolved. But lead time is still not fix. Acrylic has much faster lead time most likely 10-12 weeks starting from the day they receive the impressions. Unfortunately for CF, it's more difficult to predict the lead time. There are few people who ordered back last October and still waiting.

If you don't mind about CF at all, get the acrylic then tell JH to send you the regular metallic round case instead of the CF case which comes standard with any Roxanne order even if you ordered the acrylic. It will be the fastest way to get your Roxanne.

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #404 of 1,149
  I went ahead and placed the order, I am going to go and try to demo them tomorrow at the show, and then make a determination whether to keep or sell them before I open the package. Depending on what I decide either these or my Shure SE846 will be going up in the Marketplace. 

So I went to AXPONA, pretty much stayed in the ear gear area. While I was waiting for the JH Audio guy to show up, I decided to demo the AK240 at the Astell & Kern booth with my Shure SE846. Needless to say I ended up forking over the cash for the AK240 after spending a couple of hours with it. They had a great show special that convinced me. If anyone is looking for the Roxanne Universal in the USA, I have a pair that is unopened that I am selling along with a Fiio X5 and Sony NW-ZX1 will be posting in the Sale section shortly...I will say that the Roxanne's didn't blow me away, so I am glad I didn't open the universal box. 

Y2J 

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #405 of 1,149

So I went to AXPONA, pretty much stayed in the ear gear area. While I was waiting for the JH Audio guy to show up, I decided to demo the AK240 at the Astell & Kern booth with my Shure SE846. Needless to say I ended up forking over the cash for the AK240 after spending a couple of hours with it. They had a great show special that convinced me. If anyone is looking for the Roxanne Universal in the USA, I have a pair that is unopened that I am selling along with a Fiio X5 and Sony NW-ZX1 will be posting in the Sale section shortly...I will say that the Roxanne's didn't blow me away, so I am glad I didn't open the universal box. 

Y2J 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up paying? 
I'm going to attend the highend munich show next month and I'm looking forward to try the AK240. Depending on how much of an improvement it is and whether they'll offer a special price at the show or not, I might end up getting one as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back