JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #721 of 1,149
Thanks rudi for the not dark confirmation. I am on my way to joining u guys.. approx 1 month away.. i will post some comparison with some of my universal iem. Sorry I am new to customs so not much custom inventory to compared beside ue18pro but have a bunch of universal flagship iem..

I also luv Mike's review.. it keeps the Roxanne dream alive every time I read it. So now all I have to do is wait..

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #722 of 1,149
Very Nice write Up Mike
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys!

I know its not easy to find for some reason - so I'm VERY touched that you guys have found it!
I'm preparing to do an in-depth review for Positive Feedback - since that's where my first review of the JH-13s was published.

I have JH 16 (non-fq) and Roxy CF.  I still love jh16, good combo with the intruder/dx50.  cable, peter's dhc copper cable!!  IT"S SPECTACULAR!!!

I also LOVE Peter's DHC cables!
Can't WAIT to have em on my Roxannes!!

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #723 of 1,149
Thanks rudi for the not dark confirmation. I am on my way to joining u guys.. approx 1 month away.. i will post some comparison with some of my universal iem. Sorry I am new to customs so not much custom inventory to compared beside ue18pro but have a bunch of universal flagship iem..

I also luv Mike's review.. it keeps the Roxanne dream alive every time I read it. So now all I have to do is wait..

oh man, you guys made my weekend.
It means alot when you pour your heart into a piece like that and people feel it.
Seriously.
THANK YOU

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #724 of 1,149
  Thanks guys!

I know its not easy to find for some reason - so I'm VERY touched that you guys have found it!
I'm preparing to do an in-depth review for Positive Feedback - since that's where my first review of the JH-13s was published.

I also LOVE Peter's DHC cables!
Can't WAIT to have em on my Roxannes!!

Yeah, I kept bugging peter about silver cable for my Roxy, but he doesn't have the part yet...So, I can't say anything.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #725 of 1,149

You are welcome Audiowood
Like i write My impression , jh Roxanne CF need proper amp to drive to their Max SQ

If Only pair With AK 240 is very Good > SQ more to Warm Site

AK 240 + Chord Hugo > SQ is excelent , very Good In detail and very Good clarity

From This trying With many Amps , i have The conculsion jh Roxanne sound Great With An ext amp .

IMO

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #726 of 1,149
Tonite i have paired My JH Roxanne CF With My japan Amp MH Audio MH - 011

Source : AK 240
Amp : MH Audio MH - 011
Setting : gain : High , bass on , and Low bass
CIEM : JH Roxanne In fulll black Carbon Fiber
Cable : IC Crystal Cable Dream Line series

My impression :
High : very smooth hight With rich rich detail , but still has detail and not dull sounding High
Mid : very analog and intimate midrange , sound so natural and No sibilance With This MH 011 amp , very Good pronounce
Bass : very Deep and very Low clean sounding bass
Separation : very Good separation that i can imagine Where The inddividial instrument come from .
Soundstage : Wide With very Good Depth , sound so full surround My Head

Overall :
I like very much My jh Roxanne CF pair With MH 011
Sound quality very analog like from Vynil
The plus Point , With This MH - 011 midrange no sibilance
Bass also.sound very Good impact abd very Deep With rich In detail
I can hear With these set Up For many Hours never get fatigue feeling on My Ears .

IMO

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #727 of 1,149
You are welcome Audiowood
Like i write My impression , jh Roxanne CF need proper amp to drive to their Max SQ

If Only pair With AK 240 is very Good > SQ more to Warm Site

AK 240 + Chord Hugo > SQ is excelent , very Good In detail and very Good clarity

From This trying With many Amps , i have The conculsion jh Roxanne sound Great With An ext amp .

IMO

Absolutely!
With a an ext amp that's got a solid damping factor - that's powerful AND airy - they SING!!

LOVED em w/ the Leckerton UHA760 here - thanX to @bearFNF

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #729 of 1,149
Tonite i have paired My JH Roxanne CF With My japan Amp MH Audio MH - 011

Source : AK 240
Amp : MH Audio MH - 011
Setting : gain : High , bass on , and Low bass
CIEM : JH Roxanne In fulll black Carbon Fiber
Cable : IC Crystal Cable Dream Line series

My impression :
High : very smooth hight With rich rich detail , but still has detail and not dull sounding High
Mid : very analog and intimate midrange , sound so natural and No sibilance With This MH 011 amp , very Good pronounce
Bass : very Deep and very Low clean sounding bass
Separation : very Good separation that i can imagine Where The inddividial instrument come from .
Soundstage : Wide With very Good Depth , sound so full surround My Head

Overall :
I like very much My jh Roxanne CF pair With MH 011
Sound quality very analog like from Vynil
The plus Point , With This MH - 011 midrange no sibilance
Bass also.sound very Good impact abd very Deep With rich In detail
I can hear With these set Up For many Hours never get fatigue feeling on My Ears .

IMO

How much for your Crystal cable?and where can i order it?
etysmile.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #730 of 1,149
  Rockin' that rig right now...
beerchug.gif

AWESOME!!

Do you happen to have ANY contact at Leckerton?
I really wanna review that unit Bob!!

That lil suckers sound was phenomenal!

If so, PLS PM me.

If not - I'll just reach out to em through their website.
But yeah - think I'll buy it after reviewing it! Or maybe even before if needed!

KILLER little DAC/amp bro

I also LOVE my Roxannes w/ the Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp for A&K AK100 & AK120 (by CEntrance)
(I use it w/ my AK120)

I reviewed the Glove Audio A1 (By CEntrance) for Part-Time Audiophile for anybody interested:
HERE'S THE LINK

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #735 of 1,149
Hi just chiming in with my views on the Roxanne UF version that I purchased in Hong Kong last week. Previously the only notable headphones I've owned have been the triple-fi 10s (loved them) and the ER4s (very dissapointed).

Reasons for going with UF version were:

- Wait time
- Fit problems (which are more common and more difficult to resolve than with the UFs, which is just a case of sourcing the right tips)
- I want others to be able to listen to my headphones ("I just got these super great $1500 headphones...oh but you can't try of course, but trust me they're the pinnacle of sound!!!!". Sure)
- Able to audition the identical product you're purchasing before you buy
- Mass produced to a common design sounds like a safer bet quality control and consistency wise to me
- cheaper
- can resell at 80% of their value, as apposed to 40%

After walking into DMA, I first resisted the temptation to dive straight in with the Roxannes. I first listened to the Sure 846s, Sennhiesser HD 800s and LCD3s amongst others. The HD800s were disappointing to me, and obviously required a reasonably beefy amp to be driven. That's fine of course for home listening but it'd be nice to able to use the same rig for portable listening. The Shures unfortunately couldn't give me a proper seal with the available tips, and (possibly as a result) sounded a bit harsh.

Then I tried the Audeze LCD3s, wow. Could be driven reasonably easy even from my phone (plus point) and the sound was easily the best I'd heard from a pair of headphones, which is kind of what I expected! So what would I lose by going for the more portable, cheaper in ear Roxannes? As it turned out not a lot.

Having tried several IEMs in the past, the first thing I recognized was the sound stage - instrument positioning was not lost or muddied between 10 and 2 o'clock as tends to happen in most IEMs. The soundstage performance is very important to me personally as someone who needs a portable rig for mixing and mastering audio. As pointed out before, the sound of the Roxannes is very comparable to the LCD3s, and the sound feels like it's originating outside of the ears rather than directly at the ear drum as I'm used to. To say the experience left me with a huge grin on my face is an understatement.

The Roxannes are by no means dark, they will reveal sibalenace in recordings and will sound peaky if not inserted deep enough into the ear - so the right tips are important. However I suppose you could consider them dark, in relation to headphones such as the Triple-fi 10s for example, which are to my ears far more U shaped. The key thing here is that with great recordings, these things sound amazing. With compressed MP3s full of splashy phased treble mixed in some attempt to compensate for crappy consumer gear, the Roxannes will present the sound accordingly (!). But for me, this unforgiving presentation is exactly what I need.

Still in the honey moon phase, will update as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back