JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 5, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #31 of 534
Was kind of surprised that JH went with it too instead of their usual 4/7 pin.
Me too, it looks kinda weird to see JH IEMs without their 4/7 pin connectors which to me is an exclusive signature of JH IEMs. I'm gonna opt for the 7 pin ones if I get a Sharona

May 10, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #32 of 534
Me too, it looks kinda weird to see JH IEMs without their 4/7 pin connectors which to me is an exclusive signature of JH IEMs. I'm gonna opt for the 7 pin ones if I get a Sharona

Luckily, you still have the option to select it, if you'd like to be traditional!

May 11, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #33 of 534
I am really interested in this release. It has caught my attention in a big way! Having owned Layla, Layla Aion, Lola, Angie and so on I am happy to see another TOTL release from JH Audio. I am glad to see they are still putting money into R&D to bring us increased tech and quality. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

May 11, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #34 of 534
I am really interested in this release. It has caught my attention in a big way! Having owned Layla, Layla Aion, Lola, Angie and so on I am happy to see another TOTL release from JH Audio. I am glad to see they are still putting money into R&D to bring us increased tech and quality. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for being such a loyal client of JH Audio! Feel free to email me on AJD@JHAudio.com to set up a demo!

May 11, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #35 of 534

Exactly my opinion on the Sharona and why I am so excited for it to do well in both the touring and audiophile communities!

May 14, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #36 of 534
As a loyal supporter of JH, from 16pro to layla, I am glad to try sharona in the near future, but frankly speaking that was a little bit disappointed for 16BAs ‘new flagship’, so it means Janis and 7pin r all discontinued?

May 14, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #37 of 534
As a loyal supporter of JH, from 16pro to layla, I am glad to try sharona in the near future, but frankly speaking that was a little bit disappointed for 16BAs ‘new flagship’, so it means Janis and 7pin r all discontinued?
Hey DenTee, sorry for the confusion but we are not discontinuing the 7-pin as stated in this thread. It is still available with all of our models excluding the JH7 and JH11.

Also, JH Audio has never released an IEM called Janis.

May 14, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #38 of 534
Hey DenTee, sorry for the confusion but we are not discontinuing the 7-pin as stated in this thread. It is still available with all of our models excluding the JH7 and JH11.

Also, JH Audio has never released an IEM called Janis.
sorry I mean the tribrid prototype 4 years ago, which was called Janis.
I was thrilled by the groundbreaking technology at that time.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jh-ak-janis.895389/

May 15, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #39 of 534
EST drivers are timid to implement, most IEMs with EST drivers don't offer a good treble response, maybe now is not the right time for JH to release the Janis

May 15, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #40 of 534
EST drivers are timid to implement, most IEMs with EST drivers don't offer a good treble response, maybe now is not the right time for JH to release the Janis
I think so.

May 15, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #41 of 534
I would agree with the first Gen EST. The later generations are good now.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #42 of 534
I'm primarily used to listening to tribrids these days (DD+BA+EST). I think the modern day ESTs are actually quite brilliant (namely the Sonion ones) and offer very detailed and crisp treble response. Getting the three drivers to actually blend well though can be fairly tricky and not every set is able to achieve it.

Definitely would be interested in the Janis if JH did release it as a tribrid.

May 15, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #43 of 534
I'm primarily used to listening to tribrids these days (DD+BA+EST). I think the modern day ESTs are actually quite brilliant (namely the Sonion ones) and offer very detailed and crisp treble response. Getting the three drivers to actually blend well though can be fairly tricky and not every set is able to achieve it.

I think that’s not in their R&D plan.

May 15, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #44 of 534
EST drivers are timid to implement

Yes, they take a long time in R&D to do right and are not always cost-effective.

Same. Love me my tribids!

I think that’s not in their R&D plan.

The mad scientists at JH are working on cool things. It's the only reason why I'm holding off purchasing the Sharona immediately.

(and no, I can't say more).

May 15, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #45 of 534
Yes, they take a long time in R&D to do right and are not always cost-effective.

Same. Love me my tribids!

The mad scientists at JH are working on cool things. It's the only reason why I'm holding off purchasing the Sharona immediately.

(and no, I can't say more).
Hope that’s true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back