JH Audio - Sharona - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 3, 2022 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 534
This thread is for discussions and impressions of the JH Audio Sharona!

JH Audio is proud to introduce a new flagship In-Ear Monitor, The Sharona, our first-ever 16-Driver configuration with a true 4-way crossover. Sharona features the all-new Knowles RAU Quad Supertweeter, which produces an extended treble response starting where most balanced armature drivers roll off (12 kHz) and pushes out to 25 kHz. Sharona offers a highly accurate, well-rounded sound signature with the punchy low-end of the Layla and the smooth mid-range growl of the Roxanne. The addition of the RAU delivers expansive stereo imagery full of depth and width while creating more air for high-range reproduction. Paired with Freqphase™ and Acoustic Sound Chamber™, Sharona is fully loaded with JH Audio's industry-leading technology and built for life on tour.

1651554527033.png

FEATURES​

• 16-Balanced Armature Drivers Per Side
  • Quad Low, Quad Low-Mid, Quad High-Mid, Quad Supertweeter
  • True 4-way Integrated Crossover (Passive)
  • All-New Proprietary RAU Quad Supertweeter
  • Powered by Soundrive Technology
  • T2 Connector System
  • High Purity OFC 4N Silver-plated Litz Wire Cable (Non-Attenuated)
  • Freqphase Time & Phase Waveguide
  • Acoustic Sound Chamber
  • Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm), Gold-Plated

SPECS​

• Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 25 kHz
  • Impedance: 16 Ω
  • Input Sensitivity: 114 dB @ 1mW
  • Noise Isolation: -26 dB
1651554510252.png

UNBOXED​

• Sharona Custom In-Ear Monitors
  • Premium T2 Litz Wire Cable
  • A personalized JH Audio Carbon Fiber IEM Case
  • Wax Tool
  • Flygirl Sticker
  • Owner's Manual

Starting at $ 2,299.00 - https://jhaudio.com/iem/JHA-CIEM-SHA

May 3, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 534
Very excited to finally be able to chat about this flagship with you all. My demo session that was intended to be five minutes ended up being twenty. Over the past few months, I've been able to develop a bit of a relationship with JH audio, and luckily they trusted me enough to run away with their prototype.

I had the chance to try out the Sharona at Axpona a few weeks before it was announced and I was very impressed. Having been "unimpressed" with most JH IEMs outside of the Jolene, I went into the Sharona with an open mind hoping that these two years of development time would give them a winner. Speaking with their rep AJ allowed me a little insight - how hard COVID hit them, but the blessing it was to take the time and put it into R&D.

Personally, I'd define Sharona as a "safe" tuning with a killer asset, the one thing it does very well - providing a sense of space, unlike something I've heard before. it can be very holographic, but also very intimate - it ebbs and flows no matter the genre of music you throw at at it. It doesn't need the bass knob - JH gave just the right amount of quantity, and I very much enjoyed it's sub-bass presence to the point of where I forgot I was listening to BAs (yes, I do have an inherent bias against them). Highs have good extension, and nothing is sharp or piercing, perfect for long listening sessions to get you lost in the music.

This presentation is going to be a winner with their pro audio community - but will it be enough for them to get back into the good graces of audiophile? That's up to you all to decide when you get your hands on it!

May 3, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 534
I think I am in love with this IEM already! Is the colors in your picture a standard option for Sharona?

May 3, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 534
I placed an order for Roxane's early April and got wind of the new mystery IEM's about a week before launch. They couldn't tell me the name or much about them outside of a few specs (16 drivers, new sound signatures, and new supertweeters). I remember during my demo I tested the Layla's and Roxanne's and wished I could combine the two. So when I heard how they were describing the new IEMS, I rushed to halt production on my Roxanne's and paid the difference to upgrade to the new Flagship. Lucky for me the timing of it all worked out. My Sharona's were scheduled to enter production yesterday after the product officially launched. I cant wait to hear them!

May 3, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 534
Very excited to finally be able to chat about this flagship with you all. My demo session that was intended to be five minutes ended up being twenty. Over the past few months, I've been able to develop a bit of a relationship with JH audio, and luckily they trusted me enough to run away with their prototype.

I had the chance to try out the Sharona at Axpona a few weeks before it was announced and I was very impressed. Having been "unimpressed" with most JH IEMs outside of the Jolene, I went into the Sharona with an open mind hoping that these two years of development time would give them a winner. Speaking with their rep AJ allowed me a little insight - how hard COVID hit them, but the blessing it was to take the time and put it into R&D.

Personally, I'd define Sharona as a "safe" tuning with a killer asset, the one thing it does very well - providing a sense of space, unlike something I've heard before. it can be very holographic, but also very intimate - it ebbs and flows no matter the genre of music you throw at at it. It doesn't need the bass knob - JH gave just the right amount of quantity, and I very much enjoyed it's sub-bass presence to the point of where I forgot I was listening to BAs (yes, I do have an inherent bias against them). Highs have good extension, and nothing is sharp or piercing, perfect for long listening sessions to get you lost in the music.

This presentation is going to be a winner with their pro audio community - but will it be enough for them to get back into the good graces of audiophile? That's up to you all to decide when you get your hands on it!

I found out about Sharona about a week before launch and upgraded my Roxanes's that were in production to the new flagship. I should get the new Sharona within the next few weeks, and with you having spent time listening to them, I wanted to ask is there a particular DAP you would recommend or can think of that may synergize well with Sharona?

May 3, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #8 of 534
Got a chance to demo them and order them at AXPONA a few weeks ago pre-release. Looking forward to getting them and actually sitting down with them for an extended period of time. At least in the brief moments I demoed them on the show floor, they blew me away in their sense of air and space as well as their upper end clarity. Was able to A/B them with my CIEM Shuoer EJ07M at the time.

I’m actually really glad they decided to go with “non-attenuated” for this one. I feel like the bass quantity was perfect as is at full and this ends up allowing me to use my aftermarket cables (asked for this custom into a 2pin 0.78mm). I was talking to AJ at the show floor and I was talking about how they were able to make a hybrid sound so consistent and AJ just looked at me confused a bit. Turns out it was an all-BA but it had the weight and heft of a something like a hybrid/tribrid that I’m more used to. One of the first all-BA sets that I was happy with in terms of bass weight.

Funnily enough, I originally went to the JH booth to demo the Jolene since the 4x DD seemed so enticing to me, but the Sharona really stole the show and was an instant order for me.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #9 of 534
Wow, the Contour XO is nice, very nice. Can't wait to see how good these IEMs would be

May 3, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 534
Got a chance to demo them and order them at AXPONA a few weeks ago pre-release. Looking forward to getting them and actually sitting down with them for an extended period of time. At least in the brief moments I demoed them on the show floor, they blew me away in their sense of air and space as well as their upper end clarity. Was able to A/B them with my CIEM Shuoer EJ07M at the time.

I’m actually really glad they decided to go with “non-attenuated” for this one. I feel like the bass quantity was perfect as is at full and this ends up allowing me to use my aftermarket cables (asked for this custom into a 2pin 0.78mm). I was talking to AJ at the show floor and I was talking about how they were able to make a hybrid sound so consistent and AJ just looked at me confused a bit. Turns out it was an all-BA but it had the weight and heft of a something like a hybrid/tribrid that I’m more used to. One of the first all-BA sets that I was happy with in terms of bass weight.

Funnily enough, I originally went to the JH booth to demo the Jolene since the 4x DD seemed so enticing to me, but the Sharona really stole the show and was an instant order for me.
Did you try the Contour XO before placing the order?

May 3, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #11 of 534
Did you try the Contour XO before placing the order?
Sadly I did not, they were on the demo table and I weren’t too familiar with JH’s lineup apart from Roxanne/Jolene.

May 3, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #12 of 534
Sadly I did not, they were on the demo table and I weren’t too familiar with JH’s lineup apart from Roxanne/Jolene.
aww, I hope someone can comment on the differences between the Contour XO and the Sharona. You should try the Contour XO too when having a chance, it's a very good sounding pair of IEMs

May 3, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 534
I think I am in love with this IEM already! Is the colors in your picture a standard option for Sharona?

From JH Audio's website
Pictured with the Cobalt Signature Design UPGRADE ($800)

Yep - I'm not sure what the standard option is for the Sharona, or if they even have one.

I found out about Sharona about a week before launch and upgraded my Roxanes's that were in production to the new flagship. I should get the new Sharona within the next few weeks, and with you having spent time listening to them, I wanted to ask is there a particular DAP you would recommend or can think of that may synergize well with Sharona?

I'm not much of a DAP guy, but it did do very well with our xDSD Gryphon and Go Blu. Our warm, smooth, and fun house sound that runs throughout both of those units does very well with the Sharona and only adds to what it does so well.

Agreed all around here :)

aww, I hope someone can comment on the differences between the Contour XO and the Sharona. You should try the Contour XO too when having a chance, it's a very good sounding pair of IEMs

Darn, wish I tried them at the show! Next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back