JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #317 of 329
I love my JH rosies,, mine are the updated 8 bal armature models,, I think the supplied cables are excellent, I would say same as silver
668DA101-24C7-461B-8310-4267B14A49FC.jpeg
C6740A87-B314-487F-A4EE-01B76819057C.jpeg

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #318 of 329
I had some trouble with a rather expensive set that had to be returned for repair. It was going to be a long wait so I bought a pair of Rosie's in January from an unusual store in Montreal, they have 8-9 pairs new in box. After some fiddling with the bass adjustments (left it on 2 o'clock) I have been listening to them through a Sony WM-1A source. At first I thought they sounded OK but with burn in and a balanced cable I prefer the sound of these to a number of earphones I have had. They are more engaging than the Custom Art Fibae 3 customs I still have with more bass and space. They are more detailed than the Andromeda 2018 with much better bass and clearer mids and highs. They have a more dynamic sound than the Sony M9's although not as detailed. They are more more musical than the earphones I had to return. In other words these are the first earphones I have listened to that allowed me to listen to the music rather than the earphones, if you get my drift. These are, to me, an unexpected fluke. They appear to have been an accident of design and production. First they had 6 BA's then 8, mine are the 8 BA version. They have since disappeared from JH audio's memory, nary a mention of them. Few reviews and few for sale. I would highly recommend these to anyone, of a certain age, meaning older, I'm in my sixties now as a solid, reliable North American made earphone that delivers a warm smooth relatively detailed sound for really good price. They don't have all the latest bits, just tried and true BA's which are really well tuned for music.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #321 of 329
my 8 bal model is detailed lush, amazing tubelike when needed, and amazing midrange,, if I remember correctly as have not bern using mine due to ak daps originally kann and akm2, stop supporting tidal
From memory 6 bal arm model was an amazing earphone, but needed improvement
8 bal model added more armature to increase treble even more dynamic
It is an amazing earphone , I believe will be sought after

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #322 of 329
my 8 bal model is detailed lush, amazing tubelike when needed, and amazing midrange,, if I remember correctly as have not bern using mine due to ak daps originally kann and akm2, stop supporting tidal
From memory 6 bal arm model was an amazing earphone, but needed improvement
8 bal model added more armature to increase treble even more dynamic
It is an amazing earphone , I believe will be sought after
I am not sure, any way you can tell from photos, i have not purchased it yet

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #323 of 329
I think 6 and 8 bal armature models look same with exception 2 extra armature in updated model/ Jason from AK might ve able to help or another member
Can you ask person selling?

Jun 17, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #325 of 329
JH audio iems has the worst build quality imo, I bought Rosie and then after few months use both stock 3.5/2.5 cables started not working, then I bought a custom made third party cable with 4.4mm jack from AE and it was good, but then, while I was trying to remove the foam Tip from the Bore this happened!
20211122_211556.jpg

Sent email to Jh audio and they responded: that I can send it to them but they can't guarantee that they can fix it LOL W.T.F

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #326 of 329
JH audio iems has the worst build quality imo, I bought Rosie and then after few months use both stock 3.5/2.5 cables started not working, then I bought a custom made third party cable with 4.4mm jack from AE and it was good, but then, while I was trying to remove the foam Tip from the Bore this happened!
20211122_211556.jpg

Sent email to Jh audio and they responded: that I can send it to them but they can't guarantee that they can fix it LOL W.T.F
Same thing happened to mine. AK repaired and recalibrated them. Unfortunately it went back and firth to Korea by mistake which added a couple weeks.

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #329 of 329
IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

Not sure i agree bad build quality,, mine seems well made and solid materials
SQ
Lush tubelike,, with original AK Kann, AKM chip
If memory serves me, model was updated and more bal armatures added for more realistic refined treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back