JH audio lola vs noble k10 encore
Apr 12, 2017 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RamblerBoy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am trying to get a complimentary set of iems for my Shure se846.
As much as i love listening to se846 i do not find them very apt for hard rock / metal.

Mids: I am looking for something comparatively a lot clearer and cleaner through the mids. I find the shure mids rather too soft and smooth for hard rock that it sometimes leans towards the muddy side of things.

Treble: Th se846s have poor treble extension. 846's treble sounds like plastic but i want something that sounds like steel. They must have sparkly extended highs with good separation but not harsh.

Bass: I want something with fast punchy and controlled bass. Coming from se846 i'd love to have more sub bass focus instead of mid bass.

I am currently looking into the jh audio lola, noble k10 encore, campfire andromeda and earsonics s-em 9.
Would love to hear suggestions from your side too. My budget is below 1800 usd.
It would be great if you guys can describe your suggestions in terms of bass, mids and treble.

**********It would be really helpful if you guys can differentiate lola from encore in terms of bass (sub/mid), mids (lower/upper) and treble (lower/upper/super high)**********

*******Something that sounds like the senn hd600 but with less grain and similar or a bit more sparkle in the treble********

Eagerly waiting for replies..

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 7
The Encore won't give a focus in sub-bass. But its mid-bass is good (fast, and punchy). Treble is sparkly, a bit too bright for my taste. But clarity is superb (clean, and transparent). It has a leaner notes, making the soundstage felt more spacious and airy. Can be a bit bright/cold depending on the pairing of cables and DAP.

The Andromeda has a big soundstage, but with thicker notes than Encore. It has a great bass (attack, size), and a clean mids.

May 2, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Best sub bass I heard in an IEM is KSE1500. There is EQ that can boost up diff part of the bass spectrum. But its cost double of your budget.. but well something you can consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back