JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Apr 6, 2017 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 739

Ike1985

Headphoneus Supremus
There isn't a Lola thread so let's start one!  Impressions and discussions welcome regarding this mid-dynamic unique proprietary D.O.M.E design!

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 739
I find it interesting that they've decided to put the dynamics in the mid range instead of the low.  This should be a very thick sounding IEM with excellent decay, dynamism, extension and speed in the mids.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 739
Thanks @Ike1985

I'll bring my post here. It's interesting for me to hear how this new technology will sound. I'm a fan of hybrids :p
  https://www.jhaudio.com/product/lola-hybrid-custom-ear-monitor

Lola™ Hybrid IEMs feature Dual Low and Quad High Balanced Armatures and Dual Dynamic 4.9mm Drivers that utilize patent pending D.O.M.E™ Midrange Enclosure Technology.

So apparently it is like this:
2 BA lows - 2 Dynamic mids - 4 BA highs

And this D.O.M.E™ Midrange Enclosure Technology is quite interesting:

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 739
  I find it interesting that they've decided to put the dynamics in the mid range instead of the low.  This should be a very thick sounding IEM with excellent decay, dynamism, extension and speed in the mids.

I guess this will create a more natural timbre on the reproduction of vocals and acoustic sound. Am curious how they'll sound, let us wait and hear.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 739
Isn't it a bit similar to the push pull dynamic drivers of Ocharaku?

You're right, it is. The Ocharaku with 10 mm drivers, and a space in between with an air tube/pipe. The DOME with 4.9 mm, enclosed together.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #9 of 739
Per Jude on the video, he stated it the best he heard, better than Layla, also someone said that Layla is reference monitor and Lola is musical

It is one of the best he'd heard, along with 'tia Fourte'.

"..The best IEM I've yet heard from JH Audio. And one of the best I've ever heard, period."

- @jude

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 739
Per Jude on the video, he stated it the best he heard, better than Layla, also someone said that Layla is reference monitor and Lola is musical
Well this is only Jude's opinion. Some people preferred Roxanne or even JH13 over Layla...matter of taste as well.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #12 of 739
2 DDs firing into a chamber that leads to a sound tube? The Brainwavz R3 from 2014 had a similar concept.

But having a DD chamber and other BAs in the same IEM, that's a different ballgame. 

No hate lol, I have JH and Brainwavz stuff, love both. 
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 739
Many companies have used push/pull but in this case the push/pull sole role is the mid range.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #14 of 739
Many companies have used push/pull but in this case the push/pull sole role is the mid range.

And with 'Lola', it is a hybrid with 4.9 mm dual dynamic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back