JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jul 21, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #301 of 739
Is there a newer version of lola?

No, but you can order it with their new Universal shell, but not through the website. Must call and it is the same price as the custom. You would have to ask them for a picture as they don’t have any on their website.

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #302 of 739
No, but you can order it with their new Universal shell, but not through the website. Must call and it is the same price as the custom. You would have to ask them for a picture as they don’t have any on their website.

If you get a picture off them, can you pls post it here.. I am curious as to the new shape/size of the universal shell (but also doubtful there is much difference from the existing one)..

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #303 of 739
I looked for my email from them and it has already been purged from my trash. Best to just contact JH Audio on a Facebook Messenger or email to get pictures. When I saw them, they had larger bodies, but shorter angled nozzle. I personally would not pay custom prices for them over the universal price of the performance series.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #304 of 739
Has anyone taken the plunge on a Black Dragon V2 cable? My girlfriend’s kitten got ahold of my brand new 13V2’s cable, and I guess my options are $100 for the standard V2 or $200 for the Black Dragon. These days I’m not a huge believer in cables affecting sound much, but is the Black Dragon physically any different? More robust, thicker, etc. etc.?

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #305 of 739
Has anyone taken the plunge on a Black Dragon V2 cable? My girlfriend’s kitten got ahold of my brand new 13V2’s cable, and I guess my options are $100 for the standard V2 or $200 for the Black Dragon. These days I’m not a huge believer in cables affecting sound much, but is the Black Dragon physically any different? More robust, thicker, etc. etc.?
I have a Black Dragon V2 but physically its no different than the standard cable as Moon Audio makes the standard cables for JH Audio's IEMs.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #306 of 739
Any thoughts on the new Layla (I guess that was the long awaited announcement for the new shell). It does seem notably smaller (especially the stem). I assume the other models (eg Lola) will follow. Although the new Layla is a collaboration with A & K, so perhaps its made in Korea?. As far as I know (based on some previous co branded JH and A&K models) only the pure JH Audio branded IEMs are made in the USA. Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing when it comes to quality control, but I would prefer IEMs made in the US under the watchful eye of Jerry and his team, rather than outsourced..

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #307 of 739
Any thoughts on the new Layla (I guess that was the long awaited announcement for the new shell). It does seem notably smaller (especially the stem). I assume the other models (eg Lola) will follow. Although the new Layla is a collaboration with A & K, so perhaps its made in Korea?. As far as I know (based on some previous co branded JH and A&K models) only the pure JH Audio branded IEMs are made in the USA. Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing when it comes to quality control, but I would prefer IEMs made in the US under the watchful eye of Jerry and his team, rather than outsourced..
Although this project is in collaboration with Astell&Kern the Layla AION was fully handmade in the USA, including all R&D, testing, and QC.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #308 of 739
Although this project is in collaboration with Astell&Kern the Layla AION was fully handmade in the USA, including all R&D, testing, and QC.

What about the Performance Series. Will they get new shells? I knew a new shell was available, but had to be ordered on the phone as it wasn't available on the site. I also heard it was the same price as the custom.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #312 of 739
well i wanted roxanne because i wanted a multi ba driver iem. however, jerry harvey himself said lola is his best creation

Lola is darker than Roxanne in my opinion. Best to try them first as JHA has a loaner program.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #314 of 739
is the lola really that good though from your experience?

I like it, but that does not mean you will like it. If you are looking at Universals, the Roxanne is large and the Lola is also large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back