JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,221 of 2,420
Just got back my customs Layla made with the Luthier wood.

Strangely, there are still some rough edges around some of the curves. However the comfort level has improved and removal seems not to hurt anymore though I can still feel a bit of the rough edges.

I am honestly not sure if it’s due to the wood material. The audio distributor / reseller isn’t able to comment much as this is the second ever luthier shell made in his many ears and the first didn’t seem to have any other problems.

This is just my sharing so I will update again if it calls for concern.
Decide to pull my trigger on them too.
Will try update some photos/impressions of mods allow.

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #2,222 of 2,420
Is everyone's Layla had their red dot(most of the time means right channel) printed on left ear???
Just got mine.
For some reason they are not comfortable, gonna need to refit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_183038.jpg
    IMG_20200928_183038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,224 of 2,420
Is everyone's Layla had their red dot(most of the time means right channel) printed on left ear???
Just got mine.
For some reason they are not comfortable, gonna need to refit.
When I first received my Laylas they where very uncomfortable as well, but after about a week or so they were very comfortable and now a can wear them all day. Also looking at your picture you have the red dot with a blue wire. it looks like the you have the right IEM on the left channel.

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #2,225 of 2,420
When I first received my Laylas they where very uncomfortable as well, but after about a week or so they were very comfortable and now a can wear them all day. Also looking at your picture you have the red dot with a blue wire. it looks like the you have the right IEM on the left channel.
No if you take a closer look it's my left IEM, somewhat counterintuitive 😂

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #2,226 of 2,420
oh BTW it's not just about comfort...
The tubing just pop out of my ear canal if I don't push them with my hand...
I think it's just a sum of random errors.
This one is manufactured with my STL, I'll seek a traditional impressions sent to them next time...

Sep 29, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #2,227 of 2,420
Anyone received the Copper Matrix Laylas? I last received an update sometime in the middle of August saying the shipping of these units have begun. 1+ month later, silence.

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #2,229 of 2,420
I received mine a week ago. Did you try to contact Angie?

I did, the last update I got was from her. I sent her two emails since but didn’t receive any response. However, seeing that you just received it last week gives me hope!

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #2,230 of 2,420
Anyone received the Copper Matrix Laylas? I last received an update sometime in the middle of August saying the shipping of these units have begun. 1+ month later, silence.

i received mine a week ago as well. My iem number is 7/25, so yours should be soon

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #2,231 of 2,420
oh BTW it's not just about comfort...
The tubing just pop out of my ear canal if I don't push them with my hand...
I think it's just a sum of random errors.
This one is manufactured with my STL, I'll seek a traditional impressions sent to them next time...
Double check they've used the correct files for your customs first. davidmolliere got sent the wrong set a while back because they had the same initials which confused the company!

Oct 10, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #2,234 of 2,420
Hello everyone! Just couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on the Silver Matrix Layla's! Can't wait to try them!

Silver-Matrix-V5.png

Oct 10, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #2,235 of 2,420
They look amazing, I like the silver even more than the copper matrix they did previously. Crazy that they're $725 cheaper than the regular custom Layla but I guess they wouldn't sell any if they were ridiculously expensive. Makes me wish I didn't already have Layla lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back