JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #2,116 of 2,420
Very good of you to take the time to explain all of that
I have tried the sp1000 with them as universals and it was fantastic but unfortunately out of my price bracket
I guess an SR15 might be my next move
Thanks again
Craig

I don't know, SR15 may run up some bills from your chiropractor with that crooked screen.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,118 of 2,420
Very good of you to take the time to explain all of that
I have tried the sp1000 with them as universals and it was fantastic but unfortunately out of my price bracket
I guess an SR15 might be my next move
Thanks again
Craig
I use either my computer with a Hugo2 or Onkyo Dap with Roon, sold my AK 320 my custom fit took a couple of days going back and forth to JH audio in Orlando. After my fit felt perfect we went back and forth between my custom and their universal I felt a big difference between the two. In particular the bass was tighter and more articulate, piano attack was much crisper. I play Sax and I heard a distinct difference when listening to woodwinds. They have a box of tips so we tried several. Just my two cents...

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #2,119 of 2,420
I use either my computer with a Hugo2 or Onkyo Dap with Roon, sold my AK 320 my custom fit took a couple of days going back and forth to JH audio in Orlando. After my fit felt perfect we went back and forth between my custom and their universal I felt a big difference between the two. In particular the bass was tighter and more articulate, piano attack was much crisper. I play Sax and I heard a distinct difference when listening to woodwinds. They have a box of tips so we tried several. Just my two cents...
Thanks for your time-much appreciated
Craig

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,120 of 2,420
Yep, the universals need to fit just right. But dang, it's a good chunk of change just to not fuss about it.
Its definitely an expensive leap for what may seem like a small convenience but to me it was well worth it. I sold my universal Layla to help fund it plus with the 20% Crew discount coupled with last year's Memorial Day sale it wasn't too terrible.

Hi, I'm actually waiting for my universal to custom Layla coming back from Treeo group in Singapore and can't wait to hear them
Just wondered - which DAP do you find sits best with them?
Thanks
Craig

The other guys can probably help you more as I really don't use them with a DAP but instead with my Hugo 2 on my desktop setup. I use Roxanne for when I go portable with my Hiby R6.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #2,121 of 2,420
Except for the fact that they patent everything even remotely inventive they put out, thus artificially restraining the trickle down effect for years and sentencing us all to worse more expensive technology. But they all do this I guess, except for Tesla and props to them. If it was a free market and patents didn't exist, you'd see new technologies being modified and improved soon after their original release, as it should be. This works out better for everyone and the creator still gets the first to market advantage for some time. The often unnoticed side of the coin is that if you don't patent something, somebody else will patent and use the state against you and say you stole it from them(because they were the first to patent it). IMO the best thing to do in this unfree market is to patent and then immediately release the patents for all to use, thus securing yourself from scam artists who would seek to claim they made it first while not restraining the marketplace in order to ensure technology advances organically without artificial state erected barriers. This would be better for all, but apparently tesla is the only company to figure this out.
He patents everything now after logitech screwed him over and took his technology and designs. He learned the hard way after getting screwed over pretty badly

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #2,124 of 2,420
COMING SOON!

The first Layla™ launched as a custom earphone in 2014 and instantly became known as the audiophile “holy grail.” Since then, there have been two limited edition releases of universal fit Layla, "Carbon Fiber Edition," and "Full Metal Jacket.” Each generation stunned the market as the industry’s first full Carbon Fiber earphone and then the first full Titanium earphone available. The newest and third generation is the most exciting yet: Layla AION.

AION represents Jerry Harvey Audio's past, present, and future achievements. We have taken the original Layla sound signature and combined it with our ever-evolving industry-leading manufacturing processes, plus our newest Patent Pending technologies and designs, to make the new Layla AION the best sounding and most advanced earphone available.
Features:
Machined Carbon Fiber Shell
12 Drivers per side