JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
May 16, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #2,104 of 2,420
What is JH Audio’s customer service like? I heard bad in 2015 threads, but that does not mean it is bad now.

May 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,105 of 2,420
What is JH Audio’s customer service like? I heard bad in 2015 threads, but that does not mean it is bad now.
My buddy sent in an out of warranty Roxanne for service and he was very happy with the service. I have a custom Layla and I've been very happy as well.

What are you looking at?

May 21, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,106 of 2,420
My buddy sent in an out of warranty Roxanne for service and he was very happy with the service. I have a custom Layla and I've been very happy as well.

What are you looking at?

I have JH13v2, JH16v2, Lola and Roxanne coming now on loan to evaluate. This thread had the most traffic, so it made sense to ask the customer service question here. I will compare them to the Empire Ears Phantom and Legend X that are coming on loan too.

May 21, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,107 of 2,420
I have Layla. It needed a few refits. Each refit was a little slow, some slower than others. I'd say the service is overall good, but can be slow. They're always polite. They didn't charge me for refits since I initiated a fit problem in the very beginning. It took about 5-7 months going back and forth to get the fit right, and it's still not perfect. (but I'm ok with it now)
They did more refitting that I expected them to and I was ok paying for the service if they asked me to.

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,108 of 2,420
Anyone start with the universal Layla and then replaced with custom? Does the sound change at all?

Thanks

Jun 6, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #2,110 of 2,420
I did and couldn't hear any difference in sound.

Thanks! I'm still on the fence - my gen 1 universals fit pretty well but are a little temperamental with tips and fit.

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #2,111 of 2,420
Thanks! I'm still on the fence - my gen 1 universals fit pretty well but are a little temperamental with tips and fit.
Yeah that's why I switched to custom, got tired of messing with tips and having to keep adjusting them during long listening sessions.

My custom Layla's fit great but I was surprised at how big they still were, they stick out further than my custom Roxanne.

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2,112 of 2,420
Yeah that's why I switched to custom, got tired of messing with tips and having to keep adjusting them during long listening sessions.

My custom Layla's fit great but I was surprised at how big they still were, they stick out further than my custom Roxanne.

Yep, the universals need to fit just right. But dang, it's a good chunk of change just to not fuss about it.

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #2,113 of 2,420

Hi, I'm actually waiting for my universal to custom Layla coming back from Treeo group in Singapore and can't wait to hear them
Just wondered - which DAP do you find sits best with them?
Thanks
Craig

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #2,114 of 2,420
Just wondered - which DAP do you find sits best with them?

I've found Laylas pretty challenging to pair and can't figure out what the reason is. My personal experience with DAPs:

Astell Kern - any DAP prior to AK3xx series sound veiled and diffused. AK3xx series needs the external amp. SP1000 and later sound fine.
Sony - WM1z sound great and is what I have and prefer over SP1000. WM1z has a more organic sound.
Onkyo - any of their ESS9018 based DAPs sound too "digital" - sharp with glare.

While not a DAP, the ALO CDM DAC/amp is a great pairing too, possibly the best for portable. I sold mine because of the added bulk of stacking with a DAP, but I often think about buying another one.

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,115 of 2,420
Very good of you to take the time to explain all of that
I have tried the sp1000 with them as universals and it was fantastic but unfortunately out of my price bracket
I guess an SR15 might be my next move
Thanks again
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back