JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #1,517 of 2,420
  Thinking to buy one too, waiting for your review

It sounds pretty good, and the cable itself is lighter too. The only downsides are that the Y-split is closer to your neck and the 2.5mm jack is a straight jack instead of an angled jack.

I've gotten used to both changes. I actually like the Y-split being closer now? The straight jack is okay now but I would have preferred a angled jack if possible.

The sounds is great, but not AMAZING. The changes are subtle across the board but noticeably better in every way without any significant downsides. It doesn't shift the frequency response in weird ways or anything like that. It just brings out more transparency/details and everything sounds more extended too. It lifts a small amount of veil in general and brings everything into clearer focus. The changes are good overall, but don't expect miracles.

Btw, the Angie is very very good but she has nothing on the Layla. The older sister kicks her ass in every way for me
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,518 of 2,420
It sounds pretty good, and the cable itself is lighter too. The only downsides are that the Y-split is closer to your neck and the 2.5mm jack is a straight jack instead of an angled jack.

I've gotten used to both changes. I actually like the Y-split being closer now? The straight jack is okay now but I would have preferred a angled jack if possible.

The sounds is great, but not AMAZING. The changes are subtle across the board but noticeably better in every way without any significant downsides. It doesn't shift the frequency response in weird ways or anything like that. It just brings out more transparency/details and everything sounds more extended too. It lifts a small amount of veil in general and brings everything into clearer focus. The changes are good overall, but don't expect miracles.

Btw, the Angie is very very good but she has nothing on the Layla. The older sister kicks her ass in every way for me :evil:

Thank's for the review. I guess I use the original cable instead

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,519 of 2,420
hey guys, is it possible that there is burn in period on the cables?  ive been really noticing a lot of distortion on the layla even on moderate volume levels in a lot of tracks. I never had this problem before with the Angie. I just noticed this once i swapped the cable with the balanced one, and then a new SE cable.  I couldnt go back to the old cable where i didnt notice anything because the connector went loose.   

i am very worried about this distortion as it takes away the otherwise sublime listening experience.  

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #1,520 of 2,420
hey guys, is it possible that there is burn in period on the cables?  ive been really noticing a lot of distortion on the layla even on moderate volume levels in a lot of tracks. I never had this problem before with the Angie. I just noticed this once i swapped the cable with the balanced one, and then a new SE cable.  I couldnt go back to the old cable where i didnt notice anything because the connector went loose.   

i am very worried about this distortion as it takes away the otherwise sublime listening experience.  

I read a lot of burn-in articel. Is it real or a myth... Well, imho it's a myth. So I think your distortion problem won't go away

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,521 of 2,420
and yes i agree it is a myth. and i am just stupid.  I swapped the left and the right  earpieces! that's also why i felt that the comfort has become a lot worst.  this is embarrassing. 

now that things are sorted, i am hearing why i upgraded from the angie in ther first place. whew.

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #1,523 of 2,420
so i just got a cavalli carbon from today with balanced adapter. i thought i was already floored last time.  i fell over again .. flat on my face. lol. very noticeable is the increased airiness - why does it sound like an open pair of cans! scary what the higher cavalli models can do thinking about it now

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,524 of 2,420
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,526 of 2,420

Yes, the new stock cable requires at least 80 hours before they open up. You should also make sure there's no wax inside your ears.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #1,528 of 2,420

Users who are viewing this thread

Back