1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. goodvibes
    Both? Or a physiatrist. [​IMG]

2. goodvibes
    and why the Angie is smoking deal regardless of preference.

3. ejong7
    Totally agree. If I haven't heard the Laylas, the Angies would have been great. I think people thinking of the JH13/16 customs could look at the Angie customs.

4. Jwm48324
    I went back and forth between the two and the angies blew me away. The Layla's are too highfi sounding to me.

5. Mimouille
    Or just stick to one as the doctor recommends...

6. jelt2359 Contributor
    That sounds like 7! 8, if you count the SE5 as 2. [​IMG] 

But hey, that's a lucky number in Chinese- good omen for the new year.

7. Mimouille
    After experimenting left and right I think the good mix for crazy audiophiles is one CIEM, one universal, one headphone and one or two DAPs...

8. DrSheep
    How is this crazy?

9. jelt2359 Contributor
    That sounds like a good mix for a very non-crazy audiophile. Congrats, you've been cured!

10. Mimouille
    Well non crazy just have an Ipod and a pair of buds :D

11. Mimouille
    Not quite yet... Nothing is definitive...

12. Ivabign

But how do I tell them I don't want to be with them anymore. Is it bad form to break up via a softy-worded email or text? 

Seriously - it is one Basshead CIEM, one balanced CIEM - one knock around CIEM - the same 3 in Universals - and I don't have much experience with full-size headphones.

13. Mimouille
    Or you can just sell everything plus your car and buy the Layla

14. Krisman
    Hey guys, I had a chance to listen to these at a show in London yesterday and I have to say I was unimpressed. Firstly the ear canal pieces are so ridiculously massive that neither myself or another guy at the stand could actually get them into our ears without holding them in place. We tried all 3 ear tip sizes! Then the sound....well for the price these do not outshine the competition (SE846, W50, AKG K3003 etc.). I found the detailing to be good but not amazing. The soundstage was wide but nothing to write home about. Without droning on I will just summarise and say these are not worth the money IMO. The housing is also gigantic and wearing these on the streets you may attract attention as people might think you have a medical condition concering huge ear growths! :) Think I will be spending my money elsewhere.

15. fb24601
    Last week I tried layla and roxanne together for a few tracks. Surely the tuning is different with layla has a fuller sound (more or less resemble k10 in that way) while roxanne has a wider soundstage. There cannot be a fair full comparison as it is not convenient to turn the bass while the layla was at around 10 o'clock while the roxanne bass was at minimum.

I own k10u and I think layla with original cable has the same problem as k10, with a full and coherent sound but the sound stage is not impressive at all. Surely it can be improved using an upgrade cable. I get used to a 8 strand hybrid cable for k10u and I did not particularly arrange a fair comparison setup. May be layla is better than k10 with another upgrade cable, but the price is not attractive. The size of layla is double that of k10u.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last