JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #2,326 of 2,420
I agree on the N8. I will probably also not get anything else.
Ps.: I am trading my Solaris to a Nio this weekend. I will have a few listening sessions and I will let you know how it compares to the other. No fancy review, just a few impression based on my ears.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #2,327 of 2,420
Ps.: I am trading my Solaris to a Nio this weekend. I will have a few listening sessions and I will let you know how it compares to the other. No fancy review, just a few impression based on my ears.

Let me know how Nio sounds compared to Legend X. It would be an indication for N8. I read in Twister6’s review that N8 is more balanced and does not have the slam of the Legend X. It was also described as a Tia Trio on steroids.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2,328 of 2,420
I heard the 13/16 are the most neutral of the bunch. Musicians love them.
I may have to try a pair of JH13. They have a long earned reputation and I was curious about at least the JH13 when I first started listening to head phones somewhat seriously.

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #2,329 of 2,420
I got one of them 2pin -> 4pin adapters on ali and it's surprisingly really good :upside_down:
using my NiceHCK Blocc cable and Laylas sound great! my hi-res placebo hearing tells me the details are more evident now
layla blocc.jpg

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #2,330 of 2,420
I got one of them 2pin -> 4pin adapters on ali and it's surprisingly really good :upside_down:
using my NiceHCK Blocc cable and Laylas sound great! my hi-res placebo hearing tells me the details are more evident now
layla blocc.jpg
Can you please provide a link for the adapters. I am interested. Thank you!

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #2,331 of 2,420
Can you please provide a link for the adapters. I am interested. Thank you!
The one I bought is this one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000926673011.html
there are a few others that are similarly priced, and I've seen some on ebay as wel, but nothing like those posted at the start of this thread by another user. The quality is pretty good, the connector for the 2-pin is recessed with a plastic enclosure, so some cables might not work depending on how their 2pin plug is set up. the bass knob works, and I wonder if the bass knob being separate from the cable may have improved the cable dynamics a bit (or at least left them unaffected), since they do sound better than the stock 2.5/3.5 cable to my ears
layla coverter 02.jpg
layla converter01.jpg

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2,332 of 2,420
How is the hiss and undesired noises on it?

I heard that big tube amps are not really friendly with IEMs.
I did not notice any hiss. Undesired noises are a hallmark of tube amps, of course 🤣

The WA5-LE is pretty tight overall, though. Hiss has never been an issue, even with Grados (and I have a few).

I am not at the office so I can't test right now, but I was super happy with the combo when I used it. The *only* downside to the custom Laylas is the sweat that builds up after an hour or two. Oh, and the price.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #2,333 of 2,420
Guys, does anyone know is there anyone who repairs JH IEMs? I just bought Angie V1 which "came" with "unglued" parts of faceplate cover, and one of the faceplate cover has crack over one of the "unglued bubble" area. I sent email to JH service, but after that read on website that they don't support parts and labour for V1 and V2 Siren Series. I still hope they would repair mine since only replacing faceplate covers are needed, which should not be too complicated.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #2,334 of 2,420
Guys, does anyone know is there anyone who repairs JH IEMs? I just bought Angie V1 which "came" with "unglued" parts of faceplate cover, and one of the faceplate cover has crack over one of the "unglued bubble" area. I sent email to JH service, but after that read on website that they don't support parts and labour for V1 and V2 Siren Series. I still hope they would repair mine since only replacing faceplate covers are needed, which should not be too complicated.

Angie V1 and V2 are Astell & Kern products manufactured by JH Audio. You have to go to Astell & Kern for service. JH Audio will not directly service products sold by Astell & Kern.

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #2,337 of 2,420
Just got mail from JH service, they replied that they don't offer replacement and repair any longer. :frowning2: I hope A&K can help. :frowning2:
Another option is to make it a custom version using one of those third party companies, like Fit Ear.

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #2,339 of 2,420
I would rather return Universals to seller who sold me with description of them as "excellent condition". :frowning2: I don't like customs.
Fair enough. In this case, you're being quite nice in checking for all those possibilities before reporting an unfair add. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back