Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Jun 9, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #691 of 1,253
The main differences between the Lola and the Jolene are the imaging, the lows and highs. The lows on the Jolene are tighter and cleaner, so you'll get a quicker bass there. The highs on the Jolene have more extension, openness and air, but that mid-treble peak around 8kHz is smoother - more refined - at the same time. The Jolene's stage is much, much larger than the Lola's, with better-separated instruments and cleaner air between them as well.

Oooaauuff sounds like may like Jolene alot.

When you say more extended treble do you mean the echoes and notes just go farther or the treble it self is more elevated?

And the 8k peak is less fatiguing? Or it also has same peak level and quantity?
For my ears that 8k peak is both world a little agresive and yet its the wow factor at same time, eeee.
So I sometimes like it and other song not so so. Majority of my music the 8k is above my comfort

Jolene doesnt reach deeper in sub? Cause its specs states 5hz and lola 10hz I think. In my experience with other iems it did feel deeper when it had 5hz.

Thanks!

Update, aaaa my bad I just checked specs and they both at 20hz just Jolene goes up to 23k hz

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #692 of 1,253
Oooaauuff sounds like may like Jolene alot.

When you say more extended treble do you mean the echoes and notes just go farther or the treble it self is more elevated?

And the 8k peak is less fatiguing? Or it also has same peak level and quantity?
For my ears that 8k peak is both world a little agresive and yet its the wow factor at same time, eeee.
So I sometimes like it and other song not so so. Majority of my music the 8k is above my comfort

Jolene doesnt reach deeper in sub? Cause its specs states 5hz and lola 10hz I think. In my experience with other iems it did feel deeper when it had 5hz.

Thanks!

Update, aaaa my bad I just checked specs and they both at 20hz just Jolene goes up to 23k hz
A more extended treble means a more solid sense of space. You'll get a better idea of how big the room is and where/how big the notes are in relation to that room. Outlines around notes are more apparent, and the air between them is cleaner as well. Those are the sorts of qualities you'd get with a more extended treble. The mid-treble peak has similar amounts of articulation or clarity. It just doesn't "break up" as much, if that makes sense. It sounds finer and decays quicker, which is what "refined" means. I never said the Jolene didn't reach deeper in the sub-bass. I said its bass is a bit tighter and cleaner, which means a bit less mid- or upper-bass. The Jolene's sub-bass definitely reaches as much as, if not further than, the Lola's. Its physicality and texture are both superior too, because it's a dynamic woofer this time.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #693 of 1,253
A more extended treble means a more solid sense of space. You'll get a better idea of how big the room is and where/how big the notes are in relation to that room. Outlines around notes are more apparent, and the air between them is cleaner as well. Those are the sorts of qualities you'd get with a more extended treble. The mid-treble peak has similar amounts of articulation or clarity. It just doesn't "break up" as much, if that makes sense. It sounds finer and decays quicker, which is what "refined" means. I never said the Jolene didn't reach deeper in the sub-bass. I said its bass is a bit tighter and cleaner, which means a bit less mid- or upper-bass. The Jolene's sub-bass definitely reaches as much as, if not further than, the Lola's. Its physicality and texture are both superior too, because it's a dynamic woofer this time.

That perfect explanation, really what I wanted to know thanks. No I meant the same thing I had the perception that Jolene reaches slightly deeper into sub bass.

That 8k peak rest to be verified if its as derangeant as in the lola's. Yes its more refined and less in the way, but maybe not enough for edm music for example. Lola sounds best with rock music, this is where the 8k peak is not even noticable.

Definitely sounds like Jolene is a very good step up over Lola's!

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #694 of 1,253
Jolenes arrived on Monday and been having a nice time getting to know them in comparison to these other two lovelies. Too early to say much—they are definitely very good. The Jolenes have changed quite a bit as I’ve been running them in and my sense is they need some more time still. They have sounded very good even from the start, but there was a little honkyness in the upper mids/lower treble and some wooliness in the bass and lower mids out of the box, particularly in comparison to the Odin and Trailli. The honkyness has gone away and bass is tightening up. Pitting these up against Odin and Trailli is not really a fair comparison, I know, but the fact that I’m talking about all three in the same conversation (and I would say already the Jolene’s are not out of place in the conversation) says something.
24172AA4-3B96-488F-8C3C-84230B46E8BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #695 of 1,253
Jolenes arrived on Monday and been having a nice time getting to know them in comparison to these other two lovelies. Too early to say much—they are definitely very good. The Jolenes have changed quite a bit as I’ve been running them in and my sense is they need some more time still. They have sounded very good even from the start, but there was a little honkyness in the upper mids/lower treble and some wooliness in the bass and lower mids out of the box, particularly in comparison to the Odin and Trailli. The honkyness has gone away and bass is tightening up. Pitting these up against Odin and Trailli is not really a fair comparison, I know, but the fact that I’m talking about all three in the same conversation (and I would say already the Jolene’s are not out of place in the conversation) says something. 24172AA4-3B96-488F-8C3C-84230B46E8BF.jpeg

Awesome! Lets see what's Jolene final words as she wont let this go unnoticed! You have very strong candidates there against her, I think you are right she has her place too.

Would like to see your feedback after burn in about that high-mid low-treble situation.

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #696 of 1,253
Jolenes arrived on Monday and been having a nice time getting to know them in comparison to these other two lovelies. Too early to say much—they are definitely very good. The Jolenes have changed quite a bit as I’ve been running them in and my sense is they need some more time still. They have sounded very good even from the start, but there was a little honkyness in the upper mids/lower treble and some wooliness in the bass and lower mids out of the box, particularly in comparison to the Odin and Trailli. The honkyness has gone away and bass is tightening up. Pitting these up against Odin and Trailli is not really a fair comparison, I know, but the fact that I’m talking about all three in the same conversation (and I would say already the Jolene’s are not out of place in the conversation) says something. 24172AA4-3B96-488F-8C3C-84230B46E8BF.jpeg
sweet jebus that's great looking! can you gift me one of those? :sweat_smile:
on a serious note, which one is your favorite out of the other two (so far)?

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #697 of 1,253
From all IEMs around the Jolene is the only one still on the back of my mind after my “break” from buying IEMs…

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #699 of 1,253
IMG_20210610_200048_939.jpg
Jolene, Layla, Lola
Jealousy they call it, right? hahaha

You should tell us more about your experiences and comparisons between them.

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #700 of 1,253
Hi folks
I have been using Lola for two days now and boy did she got my attention to a point I called Jh audio today to tell them, man what an awesome iem you guys created I love it!

I had a superb conversation with Kevin, it was an out of ordinary chat since I had the amazing privilege to be mistakenly taken for Vitaliy the 64a ceo 🤣😎😛😛
And I was like oh no no I am Mr Tiger from headfi 😅🙃🙃

Awesome talk I had and you know what guys, I have a Jolene on the way for audition 🤯😍🥰 YES!

From our discussion Jolene is a very important new design and it is a new edge and step for Jh. It will be offering more abilities and performance vs Lola. While Lola is a very successful iem, new Jolene should offer a more grandiose experience in my understandings. Soon I will find out!

😎🐅🐾🥰

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #701 of 1,253
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #702 of 1,253
Turns out my Jolene's got finished but didn't pass QC. The boys are working overtime to crank it out by Monday though! Apparently they had to start from scratch so I'm surprised they are saying it'll be ready to ship on Monday if it passes QC; I hope the reason it didn't pass is because of any challenges due to my ear canal shapes and that it all works out.

One question I have for the group is about ear impressions and wearing a mask during the impressions which I did. I looked it up and apparently it's possible for it to contort the shape of your ear thus messing up the impressions, but I asked my audiologist a day later and she said she checked my mask and it was fine. What do you guys think? All in my head?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #703 of 1,253

Hey could you please give me another highlight, see I am wondering how Jolene vs u18t vs u18s does extensions in all frequencies. Like you said a more extended treble that offers echoes and longer fading out expansive echoes on Jolene vs Lola.

Also how sharp is the clarity/definition of notes? Does Jolene win in details crispness clarity? Like how scalpel precise are the notes rendering who does it best among the 3 ?

Thanks for your help.

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #704 of 1,253
Hey could you please give me another highlight, see I am wondering how Jolene vs u18t vs u18s does extensions in all frequencies. Like you said a more extended treble that offers echoes and longer fading out expansive echoes on Jolene vs Lola.

Also how sharp is the clarity/definition of notes? Does Jolene win in details crispness clarity? Like how scalpel precise are the notes rendering who does it best among the 3 ?

Thanks for your help.
Looks like you want an Unicorn for half the price of a Horse. 😂

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #705 of 1,253

Users who are viewing this thread

Back