Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Jun 5, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #676 of 1,253
Much better explained than me. It is no doubt the largest universal I've worn, but in a side-by-side comparison to the Layla and even Roxanne, the difference in length was definitely less than a centimeter. No noticeable difference in comfort between the three. I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror, in which I'm sure it would be sticking out oddly.
I will say that they were still pretty uncomfortable for me. I found that I could get them semi-comfortable with a much more shallow fit, but getting them a bit deeper seemed to even out some of those peaks we have discussed a little ways back in this thread. I also find deeper fit gives a more enjoyable bass response too. The deeper fit though was quite a bit less comfortable though, so the whole thing made my decision to go for customs for the first time a lot easier. My ears though are pretty picky and I have trouble getting comfortable fits that last longer than like 30 minutes with a lot of larger IEMs I have tried. And with all that said, the Jolene demo was FAR from being the most uncomfortable I have tried. That honor still goes to the IER-Z1R, and even the EE Valkyrie MKI was worse for me.
Waiting on my CIEM's right now. 7 business days so far into my wait and I'm getting excited.
That wait is tough. I did go for the premium Jolene signature design, which is apparently listed as taking longer (well it is now). The process was a long one for me. I initially had scans that I sent and was told they would work fine, so I ordered, only to have them come back and say they werent adequate, then I got impressions done and sent, also not good, so I had to go for a second (third total) set of impressions. I was also originally told 10-14 days once they got the impressions, but then that turned into 14-17 days, and they ended up shipping on the 17th business day after the second set of impressions was received. It was just slightly over a full month from when I ordered to when I received them. Not complaining or anything, i realize that getting customs right is a long process, but it was a hard wait. I think they were certainly worth it though.

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #679 of 1,253
After 7 weeks wait, finally got them. These shells are big compared to my custom Laylas. 😳
IMG_20210607_202407_680.jpg

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #680 of 1,253
After 7 weeks wait, finally got them. These shells are big compared to my custom Laylas. 😳
Congrats mate. They look great.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #681 of 1,253
They look stunning!

Nice choice with some Kelly Chen Eurobeat!

Jun 7, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #682 of 1,253

Hehe of course have you seen the ultra top secret engines it has inside! 4 big DD 😛 it needs space and probably all the extra room makes it sound more vast and roomier 🙂

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #684 of 1,253
I’m sorry if this has been asked already, ad nauseum—is Jolene available as uiem yet? Thanks
No announcements yet, unfortunately.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #688 of 1,253
Oh hello guys look what Tiger got to play with 😛😍😎

Thanks to my friends @riverground and @KuroKitsu for letting me try their famous LoLa 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20210609_165229808.jpg
    PXL_20210609_165229808.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #689 of 1,253
Very impressed with Lola's capabilities this makes me want to try Jolene even MORE!

What strikes me with lola is how clean, dynamic punchy bass and the soundstage with holographic staging is. I can follow my music in all directions, when its present.

I set the bass 2.5 clicks below max and I think I will bring it to 3 cause its a bit bangy into the crane 😅 yea they can be a bass canons if needed 😎

But the clarity and finess of the sound with such deep holographic perception is minda blowing!

Can some expert audiophiles here who had a chance to a/b lola and jolene directly can highlight the maine biggest differences please?

I also find the 8k kinda pushed a little beyond the comfort zone but if not that 8k man lola is a girl to mary asap boys!

🐅🐾

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #690 of 1,253
Very impressed with Lola's capabilities this makes me want to try Jolene even MORE!

What strikes me with lola is how clean, dynamic punchy bass and the soundstage with holographic staging is. I can follow my music in all directions, when its present.

I set the bass 2.5 clicks below max and I think I will bring it to 3 cause its a bit bangy into the crane 😅 yea they can be a bass canons if needed 😎

But the clarity and finess of the sound with such deep holographic perception is minda blowing!

Can some expert audiophiles here who had a chance to a/b lola and jolene directly can highlight the maine biggest differences please?

I also find the 8k kinda pushed a little beyond the comfort zone but if not that 8k man lola is a girl to mary asap boys!

🐅🐾
The main differences between the Lola and the Jolene are the imaging, the lows and highs. The lows on the Jolene are tighter and cleaner, so you'll get a quicker bass there. The highs on the Jolene have more extension, openness and air, but that mid-treble peak around 8kHz is smoother - more refined - at the same time. The Jolene's stage is much, much larger than the Lola's, with better-separated instruments and cleaner air between them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back