Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
May 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #661 of 1,253
Ordered my pair last week and eager to receive. I've used my JH-16V2's for a couple of years and hoping for a solid step up:)
I dont have any other JH iems go compare to, but I am really enjoying the Jolene. I'm not going to make any grand pronouncements about how great they are since I haven't heard a huge amount of higher end iems, but they are definitely up there. Once thing I will say though is the bass might be the best bass I ha e heard. Not the most quantity, but it extends really deep and has that nice subwoofer feel that I like (or at least as close as an iem can get).

I see you have an ier z1r listed in your signature, do you still have it? I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts comparing them, especially when it comes to bass. I haven't had mine in some time, so I can't compare directly.

May 31, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #662 of 1,253
Loving it. I'm a sucker for good bass, and while I unfortunately can't compare to what I would consider my previous bass quality benchmark (the z1r) I think it has the best quality bass I have heard in an iem. Not to say it's the star of the show because it's definitely not what I would call a bassy signature, though maybe a gentle downward slope (with tuning ability from the bass pod, I have been at full).

It's also super natural and coherent which I think says a lot for a ridiculous 12 driver iem.

It's not a sound that is hyper etched or what I guess could be called clarity. But it's again just smooth and natural.

Really really enjoying them and I'm definitely in that mind space where I want to find excuses to listen to music to get more time with them.
Hope you don’t mind me quoting your post from a different thread. Thanks @mashuto

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #663 of 1,253
Hope you don’t mind me quoting your post from a different thread. Thanks @mashuto
Nope not at all. Trying not to come off sounding like a fanboy for these, but I'm just very... Satisfied with them. Which is a tough place to get in this hobby.

May 31, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #664 of 1,253
PXL_20210530_154722196.jpg

Felt like a nice morning for some 90s rock with my refit Jolene and some Lego.

Still not 100% if I need to worry much more about the fit. The pressure point I had is gone but the two sides do feel like they fit slightly differently. But I'm pretty sure the seal isn't compromised. Just really happy to have them back.
Is that the clear version of the standard JH cable? Thanks in advance!

May 31, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #665 of 1,253
Is that the clear version of the standard JH cable? Thanks in advance!
That is indeed what it is. I actually really like the cable. Its soft and feels nice and has probably some of the lowest amount of microphonics I have heard. Only real "issue" is the memory wire. Never been a huge fan of memory wire, and the memory wire here is rather short so you cant really shape it all the way back around the ear.

May 31, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #666 of 1,253
That is indeed what it is. I actually really like the cable. Its soft and feels nice and has probably some of the lowest amount of microphonics I have heard. Only real "issue" is the memory wire. Never been a huge fan of memory wire, and the memory wire here is rather short so you cant really shape it all the way back around the ear.
Thanks. I have the black cable for my Lola and do like it, no microphonics and seems durable. Completely agree with the memory wire.

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #669 of 1,253
Jun 5, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #671 of 1,253
I wonder how the fit will work with a universal version, with those huge shells...

I tried it during the demo, not much larger than the Layla. They were plenty light and wasn't too different from the other universals I demoed at JH Audio in terms of size.

To add onto this here, since I had the universal demo unit, assuming of course the final product will be similar in size/shape/weight. The shells admittedly are pretty large, but the actual footprint of the iem, the part that will actually interact and touch your ear really isn't that much different than a lot of other multi-driver IEMs out there. They are however very deep and will stick out farther from the ear than a lot of others. How much that specifically affects comfort will likely depend on individuals.

It is still pretty nuts that there are 4 DD's and 8 BA's in these.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #672 of 1,253
To add onto this here, since I had the universal demo unit, assuming of course the final product will be similar in size/shape/weight. The shells admittedly are pretty large, but the actual footprint of the iem, the part that will actually interact and touch your ear really isn't that much different than a lot of other multi-driver IEMs out there. They are however very deep and will stick out farther from the ear than a lot of others. How much that specifically affects comfort will likely depend on individuals.

Much better explained than me. It is no doubt the largest universal I've worn, but in a side-by-side comparison to the Layla and even Roxanne, the difference in length was definitely less than a centimeter. No noticeable difference in comfort between the three. I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror, in which I'm sure it would be sticking out oddly.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #673 of 1,253

Waiting on my CIEM's right now. 7 business days so far into my wait and I'm getting excited.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #674 of 1,253
Waiting on my CIEM's right now. 7 business days so far into my wait and I'm getting excited.
I ordered on May 11th. I checked and they said they are scheduled to ship June 8th. No rush order or premium shells. Not exactly the number of business days they said, but I'm super excited nonetheless!!! Just beware it make take longer than you anticipated

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #675 of 1,253
I ordered on May 11th. I checked and they said they are scheduled to ship June 8th. No rush order or premium shells. Not exactly the number of business days they said, but I'm super excited nonetheless!!! Just beware it make take longer than you anticipated
Damn. I ordered both transparent faceplates and shells so fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back