JH Audio JH5pro thread
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #916 of 1,217
While JH allows one re-fit you need to pay for shipping back to them.  I guess it's possible customs are not for you but they should definitely not hurt and should be very comfortable.

Do you trust the place that did your impressions?  Did they mention anything about your ear anatomy that is not normal?

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #917 of 1,217
The audiologist who did it was referred by another audiologist 2 hrs away who is on the JH list, the woman who did them for me said she had done them many times for musicians, so I feel sure the impression was done correctly.  How do I go about a refit? 

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #919 of 1,217
Email or call JH and explain in as much detail as possible, your specific problems with the fit.  They will probably have you send them back.  Send a copy of your email with the IEM's.  They can usually turn them around in  just a few days.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #920 of 1,217
Thanks so much Spyro!   I'll get on it first thing Monday!!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #921 of 1,217

Quote:
Well, my JH5's arrived 2 days ago and I was very surprised at their huge size compared to my IEMs.   After getting them in I didn't like the depth or width they went into my ear canal, actually hurt sides of my ear canal and the end actually touched at times something on the inside back of my ear.   Now with my IEMs, I never liked having deep tips, I always found the smallest,most comfortable tip that would seal properly, so double flanges were usually out of the question, shallow ovals worked.   Its almost like these were made for someone else!!LOL!   If I had these redone, I would want the insertion part shorter and thinner and the part that rests outside my ear to be thinner and smaller in diameter.    Do my complaints warrant a refit, or are customs not for me, and if so, can anyone recommend a price.   Solid Snake sold his JH11's, and in his ad he described the fee for impressions and then either Fisher Hearing or Unique Melody to reshell for around $80, not including shipping.   In terms of SQ, my fit problem has interferred with true impressions, but all I can say right now is that they have a bigger sound than my GR07's, more bass, larger soundstage and I love their "seamless" sound.   Hope someone responds to this.   Thanks!

http://ue-support.logitech.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

That may help narrow down where the fit problems are, good luck.  As someone who has needed at least two refits I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #922 of 1,217
Thanks so much!   I just looked at it and will go over it with JH when they contact me on Monday.  I did email JH this am and they got back within an hour, couldn't believe it,esp on a Sat!!   They said the lab will contact me on Monday and  in the meantime wanted me to go to a shoe repair to get my ears stretched along with my cycling shoes which are also too tight!!!LOL!  Just kidding.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #923 of 1,217
Got my JH5's back after a refit over a week ago and while they shaved them down still didn't feel near as comfortable as my gro7 tips.   Also, I didn't like the sound, too bright for me, I'm too used to a neutral,dynamic sound signature.   I really think my ears don't like plastic period, so I'll stick with universals.   I'll be selling them for $200OBO if anyones interested(Fisher does refits for $200 including shipping).

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #925 of 1,217
Woot ! I already ordered one yesterday now the wait is on though the sales personal told me it will take between 30 days to 45 days... can't wait for my JH5pro...

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #926 of 1,217
I know there are other cheap custom options out there but I just want to share that I had the opportunity to have JH5, JH13 and JH16 at the same time (unfortunately unamped).

But I feel my memory is very clear and I will say this:

If you tick up the treble and bass a notch, the JH5 (amped-Ibasso T3) it is insanely close to the JH16 (NO EQ adjustments).  This is important because the JH5 can take a lot of juice and will not distort under any circumstance.  I tend to listen on the loud side and like the vicesireal (sp?) bass but if it distorts it is a complete deal breaker for me.  I like to "rock out" and my IEM's need to be able to handle everything I throw at them.  Having said that.....the JH5 surely handles the task.  In my mind the JH16 provides a little bit more holographic presentation and a bit more transparency but I almost felt "spent" after a long listening session with JH16.  The sound is just so (unneccesarily?) massively huge  I wasn't sure I was just exfixiated on the sound or the music.  Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it sucked me in but perhaps it wasn't very realistic.  It was like every frequency on steriods.

JH13:  Very impressed. As I have said here many times before.  The best treble, speed and transparency of any IEM I have evey heard (GR10 next in line but many nothches down). It's freakish and takes a while to get use to because you have NEVER heard audio (music or TV) like this before.  Unfortunately I did not have the amp and I found it lacked mid-bass (very rare in any universal) but had lower bass that sometimes seemed out of place (without matching mid-bass).  I wish I had the amp with JH13 because I wonder if it would have been ther perfect IEM with "gain 1 or 2" to give it more oomph.

Anyway.....Those are both gone for various reasons and I am still in bliss with W3 and JH5 and concentrating on the music.  I am certain JH5 and W3 provide me with a better listening experience than what 99.5% of the general public has for music listening "gear."

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #930 of 1,217
Quote:
How does it compete with UE 5 Pro custom? Anybody tried both? Thanks!

Designer of UE5Pro Jerry Harvey left UE and started JH Audio and claims that JH5 is his personal improvements to what UE had him do with UE5.

Not sure you will find anyone that has had both but general consensus is that JH5 is very good.  On this forum I have yet to read even one negative comment about JH5 soundwise which is a very bold statement.  Virtually everyone that has bought it loves it, period.  I've had mine almost 2 years and work out 6 days a week for an hour and these things sound as good as the day I got them. They DO sound a bit more open and clearer with good amplification but having also had JH13 and JH16 I consider JH5 a poor man's JH16 since it follows all of the same sound characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back