JH Audio JH5pro thread
Dec 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #736 of 1,217
I've found what works good is wearing the cable behind my neck like rockstar style instead of ipod style and tightening the plastic strip up very tight... pulls on the left ear into position ahhaha And the seal like never breaks.... can open my mouth REAL wide it just has less isolation... but when I have my music on it's not too noticeable...

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #737 of 1,217
Just got my JH5's back this afternoon after having a refit done on the left ear. The seal on the left is now quite a bit more solid, hesitant to say perfect since I haven't walked around with it yet but I have very high hopes. I will try walking with it tomorrow and the next day and see if the seal holds on the left. So far so good though. Also, the music sounds even better than before. The soundstage issue with stuff sounding off center is totally gone now and honestly I am blown away. 

I think this refit is perfect, it will need a bit more time however so far all signs indicate that it is just exactly what was needed. The sound just dropped my jaw once again which I didn't think was possible. I can say, with the way both ears are fitting now, I am FEELING the music like never before. The bass rumbles and makes me really feel like I'm there. Everything is just beautiful, can't think of a better way to say it. Take my original impressions and reviews and magnify them by about 10X

The "perfect" fit takes them to a whole different level, I don't know what to say other than this must be what everyone was talking about regarding the fit of customs. 

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #738 of 1,217
Wow... I thought the whole "not sounding center" thing was just me... now I HAVE to get a refit :frowning2:

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #739 of 1,217
The sound really should be centered between your ears. I sort of feel like it's right between my eyes in regards to horizontal space with background instruments and vocals being on their respective sides. I noticed this lack of an evenly centered soundstage with some of my universals when I would have a poor fit in only one ear or when I was experimenting with tips between ears. 

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #740 of 1,217
For some reason I can't just click +subscribe, as it does nothing. Anyways, posting here so I can get that and because I am considering getting these if I decide to sell my CK10s and DBA-02s lol hmm

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #742 of 1,217
399$ Interesting this slipped past me now for their sound signature...

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #743 of 1,217

looking into the jh-5s but a little worried about them being so sensitive. Wanna use them for a couple hours daily whilst commuting (source is spotify via iphone, Ogg Vorbis 160kbs) as well as with spotify premium at home (Ogg Vorbis 320kbs from my macbook).

I know my sources aren´t great - however I want customs for the comfort and noise isolation and jh-5s seem the best customs within my price range.

Could anyone spare a minute to comment? Concerned I´ll be bummed out by the files compression imperfections and hiss rather than appreciate it and that would be really disappointing. 

Would really appreciate some constructive input.

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #745 of 1,217
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make some comments about my JH5's.

I have had them for almost a year now (approximate)

and I love them a lot! (minus the stock cable)

Basically my stock cable has torn around one of my ears and now the sound cuts in and out, so I am looking to upgrade to a TWAg cable soon. I am using the J3 and the sound is pretty amazing with my JH5's, I use them for working out, which is awesome. I can't think of anything better to use for that. I am thinking of possibly getting an AMP/DAC in the near future because It would be nice to have for my computer, I am just afraid that I wont be able to tell the difference in sound (happened with 1 or 2 portable amps in the past). Maybe I should get a desktop amp instead?

Anyways, you wont be dissapointed! and as soon as I get my TWAg, I will post my setup. Oh and I wouldn't recommend the clear cable, mine turned Hulk Green after about 3 months, eww :/. I would highly recommend upgrading to a better cable, the stock JH cable is flimsy (in my experience).

I think I have grown to love my JH5's with time, JH audio gave me one last chance last year for my fit to get figured out , and I think it is pretty darn perfect ( I guess it could be a tad tighter but I like the flexibility ).

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #746 of 1,217
Haha, good advice on the clear chord. Hulk green? Lmao!
eek.gif
  That makes me wonder though since I plan on getting the clear housing with black cable (now). Would a clear housed JH5 start changing colors too?? Is that common with clear customs?

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #747 of 1,217
I don't think that the clear housing would change colors, but I know for a fact that the clear cables will oxidize and turn green indefinitely. I think with clear housing you would be okay. Just curious, why clear? Why not a solid color?

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #748 of 1,217
Ok, that is good to know. Well a few reasons why I want it clear. One, I don't particularly want/need the attention. Two, I can't really put my finger on any one color that I would /really/ want. I mean, there are colors that would seem nice, but nothing that really stands out to me. I guess the main reason for that is because I have not seen many pictures of the end products. Is there a compilation of custom pictures? I don't know if I've already found it, but right now I am DLing a file named "JH_Photos" off their main website which is hopefully what I am looking for. I'd love to see what shades of teal they have.

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #749 of 1,217
The photo download on their website is not what I am looking for. It is the same pictures that are on the website -_-

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #750 of 1,217

Quote:
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make some comments about my JH5's.

I have had them for almost a year now (approximate)

and I love them a lot! (minus the stock cable)

Basically my stock cable has torn around one of my ears and now the sound cuts in and out, so I am looking to upgrade to a TWAg cable soon. I am using the J3 and the sound is pretty amazing with my JH5's, I use them for working out, which is awesome. I can't think of anything better to use for that. I am thinking of possibly getting an AMP/DAC in the near future because It would be nice to have for my computer, I am just afraid that I wont be able to tell the difference in sound (happened with 1 or 2 portable amps in the past). Maybe I should get a desktop amp instead?

Anyways, you wont be dissapointed! and as soon as I get my TWAg, I will post my setup. Oh and I wouldn't recommend the clear cable, mine turned Hulk Green after about 3 months, eww :/. I would highly recommend upgrading to a better cable, the stock JH cable is flimsy (in my experience).

I think I have grown to love my JH5's with time, JH audio gave me one last chance last year for my fit to get figured out , and I think it is pretty darn perfect ( I guess it could be a tad tighter but I like the flexibility ).

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your JH5's. I really have been loving mine since I got them about 2 months ago. I didn't listen to them for a few weeks while I was gone on a trip and when I put them back in this big smile spread across my face reminding me what I had been missing. The music is just so enjoyable and together, can't help but have a good time and rock out a little bit 
biggrin.gif

Also, I went with the black cable originally knowing that a clear one would oxidize, so far the cable has been just great although I do baby my audio gear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back