JH Audio JH5pro thread
Dec 11, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #721 of 1,217

Quote:
Glad you got a perfect fit right off the bat, the customs look great by the way.

I just shipped mine out today for a refit on the left ear, hoping to get just a millimeter or two thicker for a tighter seal on that one. They should arrive at the lab Tuesday, really hoping I get them back at my place by the 23rd for when I go home. After that I will be road tripping to California so I really want them for that ride. 30+ hrs means music is a must 
biggrin.gif

Maybe I can have Taconm send my W3 back to you for a loan if the JH5Pro wont be back in time?

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #722 of 1,217

Quote:
Quote:
Glad you got a perfect fit right off the bat, the customs look great by the way.

I just shipped mine out today for a refit on the left ear, hoping to get just a millimeter or two thicker for a tighter seal on that one. They should arrive at the lab Tuesday, really hoping I get them back at my place by the 23rd for when I go home. After that I will be road tripping to California so I really want them for that ride. 30+ hrs means music is a must 
biggrin.gif

Maybe I can have Taconm send my W3 back to you for a loan if the JH5Pro wont be back in time?

I appreciate the offer Headphone Addict however I still have both my CK10's and Eterna V1's to keep me sane in the event that the JH5's do not arrive in time. I figured I would hold onto my universals until the JH5's were perfect than I might considering selling them off 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #723 of 1,217
On the jhaudio manual for taking care of our headphones, it says to wipe it down with an antiseptic wipe?

What kind do you guys use? Or do you guys wipe them down with an antiseptic wipe at all?

thanks

Swilly

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #724 of 1,217
I never got a manual with mine although I have read it online... did you actually get a physical manual? And no, I just shower every day, wipe the outside with a Kleenex after each use, then use the wax removal tool after each use as well.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #725 of 1,217
Sounds good, pretty much what I'm doing now.

It's always a problem with new "toys". They're pristine, and you baby them until that first scratch, or w/e. Then it's like, woo! free game! And you don't worry as much about future dings or whatnot.  Though this might just apply to yo-yos (another one of my interests), and not really high end audio equipment...hah

-Swilly

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #726 of 1,217
lol... I'll take the same amount of care of these things today as I will in 3 years. Just the kinda person I am. I still baby my old Peavey amp head when I carry it around and it was made in '92 ahahah

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #727 of 1,217
These JH 5's seem to sound best to me during long listening sessions... good or bad thing? idk... because as I like it, I don't remember me liking them this much when I first put them in every time. Maybe I just hit a big hump in the burn in process and they'll sound this great to me every time I put them in, who knows? Just seems that I love them most when I've been listening for an hour already...  As of now, I'm in LOVE with how rich these things are, and the bass seems more prominent lately....

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #728 of 1,217
Could be a bit of burn in or our mind acclimating to the sound signature of them. Also, I found that mine did sound better a few tracks into each listening, might have something to do with your ears adjusting to the customs or something like that.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #729 of 1,217

Quote:
On the jhaudio manual for taking care of our headphones, it says to wipe it down with an antiseptic wipe?

What kind do you guys use? Or do you guys wipe them down with an antiseptic wipe at all?

thanks

Swilly

I use Audio Wipes I bought from Westone to keep all my customs clean.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #730 of 1,217
You can use any of those wet wipes and preferable if there's no alcohol in it. I just use small paper towel to clean mine at the end of the day.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #732 of 1,217

Quote:

It's always a problem with new "toys". They're pristine, and you baby them until that first scratch, or w/e. Then it's like, woo! free game! And you don't worry as much about future dings or whatnot.  Though this might just apply to yo-yos (another one of my interests), and not really high end audio equipment...hah

-Swilly

You still have one of those?!

EDIT: Weird.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #733 of 1,217
I might have to send my left IEM for a refit.... it's a strange story.
When inserting the right IEM I can feel it LOCK right in. and the isolation is great, with the left it doesn't exactly lock in just kinda goes in and the isolation isn't as good. (tried the finger snap on both ears test) same volume on both head phones, bass response all that. Just less attenuation on the left side... it pisses me off lol I'll say "super silly salmander" or something random with S's and on the right side it sounds muffled as it should but I can hear the high end of the S's on the left :frowning2: The canal portion of the left fits and everything just isn't going in enough... it's like they need to cut out some material right around where my initials are on the left one so they can go in farther. I even notice when looking at the right one when it's in my ears the cable rests against my head and on the left one it's like not quite touching my head... too far out. I don't want to have to send it back but if I get annoyed enough I will. just not until the new year... even right now while I'm typing the song I'm listening to just ended and I can like hear the typing coming through my left and not my right... such a piss off :frowning2: Oh well.. maybe I should just get over it.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #734 of 1,217

If I push where I circled the sound quality increases slightly and the isolation problem is fixed, but it's only while I'm pressing... i just hope if I tell JH audio all this it will be enough for them to know exactly what the deal is just because I've heard of people needing multiple re-fits. I'd like to nail it in one.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #735 of 1,217

Quote:
Quote:

-Swilly

You still have one of those?!

EDIT: Weird.

Haha, yep! Actually, from what I see and hear, it seems like yoyos are growing back into popularity. If you go down several pages on my flickr (www.flickr.com/swilly) you can see several of the throws I used to own.

@Justyourboy: I think you should get them refit. Mine sound actually fine when I don't open my mouth, a tad tiny loose on the left side, but when I open my mouth wide, or even talk sometimes, the left side's seal also breaks. I spent $420 on these, and I already went back to the audiologist for a remold (the drive is 2hrs for 2-way...). There is no way I'm not sending my JH5's back for a refit. Jaime at jhaudio told me to include a message on what I wanted fixed, but honestly, I think I'll just say "redo the left ears to be just like these molds; I didn't open my mouth wide enough for the left side, and that's where I expect the fitting issue to be. Now, the right side is fine, but I feel like i'll tell them to re do them in the liking of my new molds because during my remold, I found my biking light and bit down on a place where it was about 1 inch. That way, both sides will have a consistency (instead of right side, 3 fingers, left side 2, then left side flash light and right side 3 fingers. What I WANT is the flashlight bite for both sides).

But then again, now I'm worried I opened my mouth too much. I suspect that during my remold, I might have jutted my lower jaw more outwards than I wanted too, and that will probably affect how the new impressions are like. We'll see. In my opinion, better tighter than looser.

-Swilly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back