JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #586 of 1,217

Quote:
Just ordered my JH 5 pros.
ear Impressions tomorrow as well as shipping them out.

I ordered
Bellbottom Blue
Translucent shell

and in the comments section I wrote

"Would like "JH AUDIO" print in white (NOT THE LOGO) on the side of both ear pieces. So when it's said and done it should look like this.

http://i52.tinypic.com/65qa.jpg"

can't wait!

Looking forward to your impressions when you get them..nice choice btw

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #587 of 1,217
Thanks! and These are the only IEM's I've owned so I won't be able to make good comparisons but I have a few songs that I know what they should sound like when they're played ie: The end of heartache by Killswitch Engage and many others so I'll try to post my non-audiophile impressions.

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #590 of 1,217
Video of me getting my impressions done earlier today!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4V47987k4

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #591 of 1,217

Quote:
Video of me getting my impressions done earlier today!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4V47987k4

Nice video! I like that he is talking and explaning what he is doing! And I think your impressions show up very good =)

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #592 of 1,217

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #593 of 1,217
Sorry guys I don't know what happened with my computer??
confused.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #594 of 1,217
Ya I asked him before if he could explain what he's doing for the video!
Only thing I'm worried about is foam dams ripping + a air pocket near the foam dam might = the whole canal portion ripping when they take out the dam. Why do they have to pull the dam out? Can't they just cut the foam part out then pull the strings out from the other side? With mine they should anyways... He went way past the second bend he said.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #595 of 1,217
I was supposed to get JH5s but the TF10 deal popped up and I couldn't pass on it. How do the two compare? I'm thinking of just getting the TF10s remolded but would the 5s really be worth the extra 200? Especially since the TF10 has 3 drivers and the 5s "only" have 2.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #596 of 1,217
I would have went with the JH5 easy. I had the TF10 a year ago and was never impressed with the sound or the fit. Of course people do like it but the thing is still ridiculously huge and I had to do the flip mod just for it to fit properly.

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #597 of 1,217

Quote:
I would have went with the JH5 easy. I had the TF10 a year ago and was never impressed with the sound or the fit. Of course people do like it but the thing is still ridiculously huge and I had to do the flip mod just for it to fit properly.

JH5 > TF10 remold? I figured the TF10 was value for money at $95. I suppose I could resell it and just get the JH5s if thats the case...

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #598 of 1,217
I just ordered a pair of tf10s myself..we all have different ears and tastes and wanted to see for myself how good they really are. At $95 they can't be beat..Anyways if I don't like them too much I can use them for portable use/sell it cheap to a friend and save some money to get the jh5s later when my ear size stays more consistent!

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #599 of 1,217
I had a pair of Triple Fi's for a few weeks over the past summer and can honestly say I didn't really enjoy them that much either. The bass was nice although I found the vocals to be a bit too recessed or pushed back for my liking. The sound was somewhat detailed and clear but they didn't hold a candle to the CK10's or UM3X's in terms of detail, clarity and soundstage. 

Also, the fit was just unbearable. The shape of these things is just so weird and really does not fit will. I had to do the flip mod as well to try and get them to fit and although this worked it was not comfortable in any way. I could not imagine working out or doing anything physical in the Triple Fi's because of how uncertain I was in their fit/ability to stay put

Overall, I would order the JH5's again in a heart beat. Although I have yet to actually get my JH5's I know the fit will be significantly better even if it takes a refit or two. For me comfort and fit are a huge factor so something as unwieldy as the Triple Fi's just wouldn't work. Also, from the impressions of others such as pellegrino10 the JH5's best every universal he has heard/owned. These two factor's are worth the extra cash to me. 
bigsmile_face.gif

For $95 however, it is definitely worth by the Triple Fi's if for no reason other than to listen and then sell them off. They might help you zone in on the sound signature and style you really enjoy the most which would be worth the small hit you might take buying them and reselling.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #600 of 1,217
I've owned the TF10s, and they can't hold a candle to the JH5s in my view, on the fit/comfort factor alone, but not on SQ either. If you bought them thinking they will replace a JH5 purchase in terns of sound, big mistake. Triple vs. dual has nothing to do with it. Nothing wrong with trying and selling, of course, at that price. Some people do get a good fit and really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back