JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #197 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we get some comments on sound? Seems like some people are more concerned with the look as they are about the sound, lol

I think thats because nobody has any sound concerns. Haha!

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #198 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think thats because nobody has any sound concerns. Haha!

I've read a few 'I'll comment on the sound later" remarks though!

So whats the sound signature, impressions, strengths, weaknesses?

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #199 of 1,217
Quote:

I've read a few 'I'll comment on the sound later" remarks though!

So whats the sound signature, impressions, strengths, weaknesses?

The sound signature is a bit warm. Yet it's still very detailed and not harsh at all. Vocals are nice and clean, but are never in your face.

The imaging is nice, especially at the percussion end.

I have a lot of different ipods and the JH5 defiantly can reveal the pros and cons of each source. IMO...sound great stright out of a ipod HP jack. I have tried separate amps and found there is no need for them.

They have a very realistic sound, almost like being live (well sort of...lol), something I have never experienced in a IEM before!

As for a downfall, I would say the sound stage is a bit closed in. Also I would take a bit of warmth away but that is just me...

I am also not a huge headphone, IEM guru like most people on here. Give me a real 2 channel speaker setup any day of the week.
tongue.gif

I would rate them like this, along with factoring in price as well. Scale of 1-10!

Highs 8
Mids 8.5
Lows 7.5
imaging 8
Sound stage 7

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #201 of 1,217
Quote:

Cool thanks. Can anyone compare there sound to another iem or headphone?

They are the best IEM's I have ever listened to. I would really like to try some of JH's higher end models out but probably will not because the price gets to crazy for just a IEM...

I would rather put my money in my two channel system.

The only other headphones I have are grado sr225. For me the grado cans are better in every category over the JH5 by a pretty big margin SQ wise.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #202 of 1,217
Again I will post up on sound soon..

But for now all I can say is very DETAILED and REVEILING...

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #203 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only other headphones I have are grado sr225. For me the grado cans are better in every category over the JH5 by a pretty big margin SQ wise.

Well this doesn't sound like you are that impressed with the JH5's, considering the Grados are about $200 and the JH5s are $400 plus impressions.

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #205 of 1,217
Quote:

Well this doesn't sound like you are that impressed with the JH5's, considering the Grados are about $200 and the JH5s are $400 plus impressions.

I'm not sure that's a good indication of anything. The SR225's are great headphones, considered by many to be the best Grados. And full size cans often have better bang-for-buck than IEM's.

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #206 of 1,217
Quote:

I am impressed with them. I would take them over any universal I have listened to before without question.

They just do not have that WoW factor like the grado SR225's

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #207 of 1,217
Quote:

Highs 8
Mids 8.5
Lows 7.5
imaging 8
Sound stage 7

Is this rating based on it's price? Because if it isn't then that's rather funny. That is the around the score i would give the JH10X3

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #209 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this rating based on it's price? Because if it isn't then that's rather funny. That is the around the score i would give the JH10X3

i doubt it is based on price..

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #210 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I factored the price into my rating. I think they are a pretty good deal as far as IEM's go. Build quality is nice, carbon fiber case is very cool.

Also keep in mind I have only listened to so may universal IEM's and headphones. What I have now is good enough straight out of the ipod HP jack. Exactly what I was after.

My real thing is 2 channel HiFi. I could never imagine getting close to the same satisfaction out of an IEM or headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back