JH Audio JH5pro thread
Jul 30, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #1,141 of 1,217
It's a little subjective. The Angie's soundstage and depth really pulls me in and it was difficult to compare the mids and highs directly (I probably didn't have the right music).  I wanted to do a 5-minute A/B test between my JH-5s and the Angies...I ended up spending 20-minutes listening to the Angies because it just pulled me into the music.  The 5s don't quite do that for me.  I keep the 5s because when I'm working out or mobile, I'm uncomfortable putting $1,500 of gear in my ears walking around...lol..

CJ
I hear that (no pun intended) because ever sense I got my Jh5s I've wearing been them to the gym, on stage, in bed, pretty much everywhere and after in depth listening it has me thinking can it really get better than this? lol I just don't want to make a purchase too quick. Also how do i get demos of these ciems, should i go visit Jerry? haha

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,143 of 1,217
But you came to put the best cables in JH5 or heard with cables stock? After I bought the Audio Effect Ares cables the JH5 was significantly more musical.

I used whiplash cables via a mini balanced connection with the JH-5s-pretty decent setup. The Angies used stock SE cables.

CJ

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,144 of 1,217
I used whiplash cables via a mini balanced connection with the JH-5s-pretty decent setup. The Angies used stock SE cables.

CJ

I decided. My next CIEM will be Angie.
bigsmile_face.gif

Your Angie is the universal or custom?

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,145 of 1,217
I hear that (no pun intended) because ever sense I got my Jh5s I've wearing been them to the gym, on stage, in bed, pretty much everywhere and after in depth listening it has me thinking can it really get better than this? lol I just don't want to make a purchase too quick. Also how do i get demos of these ciems, should i go visit Jerry? haha

lol...try the universals and extrapolate-seriously.

CJ

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,146 of 1,217
Jul 30, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #1,147 of 1,217
customs.

CJ

hummm. Can you describe how the sound Angie in more detail? My biggest concern is the CIEM be cold. I like warm mids, not too exaggerated bass and treble with good extension and brightness, but not so bright as to be annoying / fatiguing.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,148 of 1,217
hummm. Can you describe how the sound Angie in more detail? My biggest concern is the CIEM be cold. I like warm mids, not too exaggerated bass and treble with good extension and brightness, but not so bright as to be annoying / fatiguing.

Funny, what you just described is what I like as well. Thats the reason i avoided the JH-16s and roxannes-theyre known to be heavy on the bass. But this is a JH-5 thread so lets keep it that way.

CJ

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #1,149 of 1,217

Funny, what you just described is what I like as well. Thats the reason i avoided the JH-16s and roxannes-theyre known to be heavy on the bass. But this is a JH-5 thread so lets keep it that way.

CJ

Send me a private message talking about then please.

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,150 of 1,217

I upped the ante and connected a Linum 2.5mm balanced cable to the JH-5s and connected to the balanced out of the AK 120ii - all I can say is...wow.  If I heard this kind of sound before, I might not have purchased my Angies.

Then I connected to the balanced out of the CDM and another WOW.  I think that's the best the JH-5s will ever sound...deep bass, good mids, and highs and a decent sound stage.  For $400 plus the cable:  a bargain in my book.  It pushes it several notches closer to my Angies...which seems a bit overpriced now...

Back to the music...

:)

CJ

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #1,151 of 1,217

I upped the ante and connected a Linum 2.5mm balanced cable to the JH-5s and connected to the balanced out of the AK 120ii - all I can say is...wow.  If I heard this kind of sound before, I might not have purchased my Angies.

Then I connected to the balanced out of the CDM and another WOW.  I think that's the best the JH-5s will ever sound...deep bass, good mids, and highs and a decent sound stage.  For $400 plus the cable:  a bargain in my book.  It pushes it several notches closer to my Angies...which seems a bit overpriced now...

Back to the music...

CJ

CJ, many thanks for your report!

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,152 of 1,217
I had the JH5's and JH16's at the same time and they basically have the same sound signature.  Main difference is JH16 sounds a bit more open and holographic.  JH's is a poor man's JH16 IMHO.

And I liked the JH5 over the JH13 too.

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,153 of 1,217
Gents, took a plunge in going CIEM, was mulling over Final Audio Heaven VIII and CIEM. Was window shopping at Jaben and JH5 was considerable cheaper and it worked well with DX90 without amplification. Demoed some other 5 drivers CIEM (cant remember the brand now) the JH5 was a winner. Now the wait....

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,154 of 1,217
Gents, took a plunge in going CIEM, was mulling over Final Audio Heaven VIII and CIEM. Was window shopping at Jaben and JH5 was considerable cheaper and it worked well with DX90 without amplification. Demoed some other 5 drivers CIEM (cant remember the brand now) the JH5 was a winner. Now the wait....

Don't forget to try some decent cables like Moon Audio Silver Dragons (although I had some quality issues) or whiplash cables, etc. (there's plenty of good IEM cables out there now).

The better cables will make the JH5s sound even better.

CJ

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,155 of 1,217

Don't forget to try some decent cables like Moon Audio Silver Dragons (although I had some quality issues) or whiplash cables, etc. (there's plenty of good IEM cables out there now).

The better cables will make the JH5s sound even better.

CJ

Thanks CJ for the tip. Something that i will keep in mind but there's so many other things on the shopping list. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back