JH Audio JH5pro thread
Sep 25, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #62 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no thats not normal..

not when music is playing, without music....

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #63 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not when music is playing, without music....

Yes that is normal. if you can sort of hear outside noise when you have them in without music. That's perfectly normal. But excessive means that you aren't get the right fit.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #65 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes you will hear a bit of outside noise, they do not have quite the isolation as a universal with foam tips. I noticed this also.

I would tend to agree. I am actually quite surprised at the people who find customs isolate more. My Fidelity customs do not reach the level of quiet, deadness that shure black foams on E3s do when they are properly, deeply inserted.

I still can't hear a softly played drum kit (well) when my vocals and guitar are in my ears, I need to feed kick drum and overhead (quite a bit) to my mix to be able to follow the drummer, but I still feel like the customs isolate just a little less than shure black foams on my SCL3s.

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #66 of 1,217
Well I got my 5G nano yesterday and the two match up very well together.
There is a slight bump around 100hz. I'm going to try the itunes eq trick and see if it can be eliminated.

It is the perfect pocket sized setup...lol

img2400.jpg

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #67 of 1,217
Quote:

There is a slight bump around 100hz. I'm going to try the itunes eq trick and see if it can be eliminated.

Beautiful color!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #69 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well then i guess we have a whole bunch of ppl who have customs but never bothered to tweak the fit. because from what i've been told, its supposed to give 25-30db of noise isolation. which would mean you shouldn't even hear the bus or the train at all. let alone talking or drums.

I am talking about the difference between probably 25-28dB isolation with shure black foams and 22-25dB of isolation with customs, but it may be the same, I just said I thought it was less.

My customs fit just fine. Do you know what a 25dB difference means? Are you saying you wouldn't be able to hear anything at 55dB or lower normally? Because city street noise is likely 80dB. I can hear people whispering across the room without IEMs in, why wouldn't I be able to faintly hear people talking at a normal/loud level with my 25dB of isolation IEMs in?

We are talking about without music playing. You should be able to hear plenty of things with 25dB of isolation earplugs in (same thing as IEM), and if you can't I would say you have an abnormally high minimum hearing threshold.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #70 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by TyRip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would tend to agree. I am actually quite surprised at the people who find customs isolate more. My Fidelity customs do not reach the level of quiet, deadness that shure black foams on E3s do when they are properly, deeply inserted.

I still can't hear a softly played drum kit (well) when my vocals and guitar are in my ears, I need to feed kick drum and overhead (quite a bit) to my mix to be able to follow the drummer, but I still feel like the customs isolate just a little less than shure black foams on my SCL3s.

This is exactly my experience. If you think about it a foam tip will have better sound deadening properties than a hard acrylic resin will provide.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #71 of 1,217
Quote:

img2400.jpg

Those look amazing. Now I'm really considering getting a pair. Couple questions though...

$399 is a relly good price, suprisingly good,is there a catch?
And how much does a pair of custom molds cost?

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #72 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look amazing. Now I'm really considering getting a pair. Couple questions though...

$399 is a relly good price, suprisingly good,is there a catch?
And how much does a pair of custom molds cost?

Thanks! I have a few more pics on my first post.

I really like them alot, I do not think you will find a better sounding IEM at there price range anywhere. There is no catch at all, go for it!

They originally were priced at $599 until the UE4pro was announced. JH then dropped the price to compete with UE.
Ear impressions run about 50$ and take like 5 minutes...

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #73 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them back today, i think the fit is right but not fully sure. I can hear outside sound still with them in, is it normal???

GUESS WHAT, i got the new otterbox for these! the otterbox is awesome, i feel its bettter and more usable than the carbon fiber box. will post pics of it!! LATER

What did they charge you for the otterbox?

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #74 of 1,217
Quote:

Thanks! I have a few more pics on my first post.

I really like them alot, I do not think you will find a better sounding IEM at there price range anywhere. There is no catch at all, go for it!

They originally were priced at $599 until the UE4pro was announced. JH then dropped the price to compete with UE.
Ear impressions run about 50$ and take like 5 minutes...

BBY03evo: What color are those. I hate to copy but you made such a nice choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back