JH Audio JH5pro thread
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #31 of 1,217
I was thinking about the JH5, Shig, and color isn't a major issue (though I understand the frustration above, for sure). But decided to back off and get the UM56 for the UM3Xs I already own. Where would you rate the JH5 compared to the UM3X. Just looking for another POV.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #33 of 1,217
Yeah i'm a lil dissapointed about the quality control since i am paying $400 but I had to get a refit anyway so it doesn't really matter., customer service is good. but another thing, I have never received 1 email about an order confirmation or charge to CC/ any shipping information, even though they have my correct email.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #36 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea if your old impressions don't fit.. i feel you man.. going thru the same thing with alien ears and i'm in college

Yeah, it sucksss..

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your fit is still loose, you should tell them to make the canal part bigger in diameter. That is what I requested with mine. I hope it works...

Yeah but i have a feeling it's just not gonna work out, so i'm gonna try new impressions again.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #37 of 1,217
dude what the hell? they can't do anything about the colour? thats messed up... they can always do something about the colour! esp when they're gonna have to remould them since it still doesn't fit right!

now i'm glad i went with alien ears! least they don't give me s*** about changing the colour...

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #38 of 1,217
Quote:

dude what the hell? they can't do anything about the colour? thats messed up... they can always do something about the colour! esp when they're gonna have to remould them since it still doesn't fit right!

now i'm glad i went with alien ears! least they don't give me s*** about changing the colour...

well they claim it's still "red"

Sep 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #40 of 1,217
Quote:

if you tell them you need a refit but don't specify which side they'll have to remould both and then you can get a colour change.. seriously not impressed with jhaudio right now...

its all about how you treat the little ones...

They have been working well with me though..

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #42 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah but i have a feeling it's just not gonna work out, so i'm gonna try new impressions again.

I think you will be starting with the process all over though. If the impressions were bad in the beginning, they should have told you they were not good enough.

I would just send them back for for more tweaking. Maybe you also need a bit more time to get used to them...

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #44 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you will be starting with the process all over though. If the impressions were bad in the beginning, they should have told you they were not good enough.

I would just send them back for for more tweaking. Maybe you also need a bit more time to get used to them...

Yeah maybe so, idk.. how do you insert your JH5's???? i feel like i'm not getting a good seal like i was before, the isolation just isn't there once they altered them a little. i'm not sure what happened.. i think i'm putting them in correctly........

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #45 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah maybe so, idk.. how do you insert your JH5's???? i feel like i'm not getting a good seal like i was before, the isolation just isn't there once they altered them a little. i'm not sure what happened.. i think i'm putting them in correctly........

and one of the main reasons i wanna get new impressions, is so that they will remold and i can get a color change because i'm really not happy with the current light red/very small hue of pink.... er.

I use the twist in method as shown in this UE vid, then give my ear lobes a slight tug..it works very well!
Ultimate Ears FAQ's - Custom Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

I hope mine come home next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back