JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Dec 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #3,181 of 3,787
Mine went back a couple of times for adjustment and they're still not 100%. However, as the cost of sending them back mounts up, I am just going to live with the slight misfit.
Mine were not remoulded, just adjusted.

I would take a number of photos of the JH16 in your ears and then make notes of what and where the problems are on the photos.

How many times did you send for refit? We're they just based on photos and written instructions?

That's why I am thinking of send my other custom with good fit in to help nail the issue (not sure if it helps though). My first pair of jh custom has a good fit and was told that impression is on records and good for the new order.....took the plunge but the pair turn out anything but....

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #3,182 of 3,787
I had 2 refits and they are still not 100% - I just cant be bothered to send them back now as it gets quite pricey.
I have a pair of JH13 which fit perfectly and the 2nd time I included those - but I'm not convinced they were used.

I took a few pictures of the JH16 and of them in my ears.
I then circled the problem areas with exactly what I could feel happening eg pressure points and by how much I thought they needed to be adjusted eg pressure point at this part of my ear and on the JH16 the pressure point feels like it is here - I think possibly 0.5mm to be removed.....etc....

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #3,183 of 3,787
I had 2 refits and they are still not 100% - I just cant be bothered to send them back now as it gets quite pricey.
I have a pair of JH13 which fit perfectly and the 2nd time I included those - but I'm not convinced they were used.

I took a few pictures of the JH16 and of them in my ears.
I then circled the problem areas with exactly what I could feel happening eg pressure points and by how much I thought they needed to be adjusted eg pressure point at this part of my ear and on the JH16 the pressure point feels like it is here - I think possibly 0.5mm to be removed.....etc....

Thanks. Doesn't sound very promising.... Maybe will call them first. Hope my $1k investment will not go to waste eventually. Fingers crossed....

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #3,184 of 3,787
I was speaking to another Custom IEM maker and they recommended new moulds every 2+ years due to changes in the ear canal as you get older. Men, he said, have more internal change to the ear canal than women. I did not realize this was occurring once a person reaches adulthood. Apparently physiological change continues throughout your life in these areas.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #3,185 of 3,787
I was speaking to another Custom IEM maker and they recommended new moulds every 2+ years due to changes in the ear canal as you get older. Men, he said, have more internal change to the ear canal than women. I did not realize this was occurring once a person reaches adulthood. Apparently physiological change continues throughout your life in these areas.

Thanks for the info. My last pair was made a year ago and it still feels snug, that's why I rely on the same impression :)

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #3,186 of 3,787
Just got my 16's yesterday. I absolutely love the sound from them and the seal seems to be perfect. That said, I'm getting a little pain on the left side. It isn't noticeable when I have them in unless I push on the iem, but its quite tender when I pull them out. It seems like most of the fit issues people have are seal related, but has anyone had issues where it is painful on the concha area? Mine seems to be between the 1 and 2 on this picture: http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/externalear.jpg . I hate to have to send them back right after I waited a month to receive them.

*Edit*

Looks like pressure points like this are common upon further reading. Probably going to have to send them back for a refit after the new year.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #3,188 of 3,787
Quote:
Just got my 16's yesterday. I absolutely love the sound from them and the seal seems to be perfect. That said, I'm getting a little pain on the left side. It isn't noticeable when I have them in unless I push on the iem, but its quite tender when I pull them out. It seems like most of the fit issues people have are seal related, but has anyone had issues where it is painful on the concha area? Mine seems to be between the 1 and 2 on this picture: http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/externalear.jpg . I hate to have to send them back right after I waited a month to receive them.

*Edit*

Looks like pressure points like this are common upon further reading. Probably going to have to send them back for a refit after the new year.

Mine were like that for a few days after first use, but the initial soreness after first use went away after a few days and they have been perfect ever since. Have had them for about six months and use them every day.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #3,191 of 3,787
Quote:
Mine were like that for a few days after first use, but the initial soreness after first use went away after a few days and they have been perfect ever since. Have had them for about six months and use them every day.

Yep looks like the same thing happened with me. Soreness is gone and they are amazingly comfortable for hours. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #3,195 of 3,787
Subscribed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back