JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #3,316 of 3,787
Quote:
Also, does anybody have a good recommendation for a cable.  My JH16 w/freqphase is paired with the predator.  I wouldn't be opposed to a cable that could smooth out the harsh treble.

So are the JH16 still harsh? Has the FP not smoothed out the brightness or sibilants ?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,317 of 3,787
They are not harsh or sibilant....I had them in for 6 hours today and it was wonderful.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #3,318 of 3,787
W4r cable if u want less treble, it also makes the vocal better, sacrificing a bit clarity though.
But still, vocals on jh16 is pretty awful, no where near the 1+2 or 334, not even close.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #3,320 of 3,787
Was looking through new posts and this one caught my eye..
Think about it this thread is started 3yrs ago and still going strong "JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions". Maybe better to start an appreciation thread...?

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #3,321 of 3,787
Quote:
W4r cable if u want less treble, it also makes the vocal better, sacrificing a bit clarity though.
But still, vocals on jh16 is pretty awful, no where near the 1+2 or 334, not even close.

Sorry they do not work well for you. I am very pleased. No issues with clarity and vocals are clean. Considering my other HP's are pretty good, I am used to good sound.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3,322 of 3,787
Quote:
Was looking through new posts and this one caught my eye..
Think about it this thread is started 3yrs ago and still going strong "JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions". Maybe better to start an appreciation thread...?

The JH16 Pro Appreciation Thread is up!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656933/the-jh16-pro-appreciation-thread

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #3,323 of 3,787
Quote:
Sorry they do not work well for you. I am very pleased. No issues with clarity and vocals are clean. Considering my other HP's are pretty good, I am used to good sound.

they are clean but the vocals lack weight, I'm more used to HD650/HE-500/LCD3 sound so I found JH16 a bit lacking in that department, other than that it's pretty decent.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #3,324 of 3,787
I have the JH16 with  the JH audio 3a dac/amp has anyone tried the Moon Audio cable?

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3,325 of 3,787
Also I use the IFI USB power with it, much better when using USB with MacBook

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #3,326 of 3,787
Hi guys~ 
I currently own westone 4R and i'm looking for CIEM to buy for the first time.
I followed this thread for some quite time to decide between JH 13 and JH 16.
I still didn't make up my mind between the two TT. 

i understand JH 13 is more natural than JH 16 and that 16s have more bass and they are more for bass heads.
But because I can't get an opportunity to actually sit down and carefully listen to both of them to make up my mind, all i can do is to compare them with the current IEM that i use (W4R)

Can someone enlighten me which one i should go for?

I prefer neutral sound over a bassy sound but i am not implying that I do not like bass. In other words, i am afraid that 13s might sound "too" neutral and lacks too much bass so the music might sound boring; on the other hand, im afraid that 16s might sound too bass heavy for my preference.
I prefer sound that is balanced with clarity and enough bass for the music to sound interesting.
Im sure every CIEM has its pros and cons, but i would very much appreciate people's opinions XD 

P.S. I find W4R balanced but lacks a bit of clarity and treble. Also, lacks a bit of "thump" in bass, but the overall bass (called sub-bass?.. im kinda new to this XD sorry) is ok. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,327 of 3,787
Quote:
Hi guys~ 

i understand JH 13 is more natural than JH 16 and that 16s have more bass and they are more for bass heads.
But because I can't get an opportunity to actually sit down and carefully listen to both of them to make up my mind, all i can do is to compare them with the current IEM that i use (W4R)

I prefer neutral sound over a bassy sound but i am not implying that I do not like bass. In other words, i am afraid that 13s might sound "too" neutral and lacks too much bass so the music might sound boring; on the other hand, im afraid that 16s might sound too bass heavy for my preference.
I prefer sound that is balanced with clarity and enough bass for the music to sound interesting.
Im sure every CIEM has its pros and cons, but i would very much appreciate people's opinions XD 

P.S. I find W4R balanced but lacks a bit of clarity and treble. Also, lacks a bit of "thump" in bass, but the overall bass (called sub-bass?.. im kinda new to this XD sorry) is ok. 

I had the same challenge as you. I "Went" for the JH16's and hoped it worked out as the good choice. Very pleased! The bass is solid and does not overwhelm. I cannot imagine having less bass and still enjoying them as I do. I have not heard the JH13's but I am very happy I chose the JH16's.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #3,328 of 3,787
Quote:
Hi guys~ 

I think JH13 would fit you here. Neutral is not equal to lacking too much bass. JH13 does have decent amount of bass, it's just not as much as JH16's which does disturb mids part of the spectrum. If you drive JH16 on a proper/great source, the bass is predominant even though it has great decay and speed. So it's up to you whether you want a more exciting sound or a fairly balanced sound. Neither 13 nor 16 is as neutral as W4R to my ears, although they are technically better in every way.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #3,329 of 3,787
I find the 13 as close as could be to accurate. It's less warm but also smoother and more extended sounding on top than either the 16 or 4r. If you like the midbass of your 4r, you probably want the 16. If you want something more neutral and accurate, get the 13. The 13 is more revealing of source but I consider than an asset and what I look for when I spend a grand. More revealing is a great thing when you get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back