JH Audio JH-3A
Jan 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,966 of 2,681

Quote:
Looks like there is another two week delay. Factory just got that bass pot issue solved. Starting assembly and tuning with two amps that are now in house. So should be soon for all you guys that have waited so long.

So shipping next week I would assume?  Just to confirm that it was 2 week delay from the 2nd week of January...

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #1,968 of 2,681
Full post from their facebook:

Hello Everyone!

We have some news on the 3A from Jerry.  

"The factory has debugged the bass pot and has made the last revision to the boards. The new boards are being assembled and the factory tells me they are 10 days to 2 weeks from delivery.

We are getting ready for the amps. I have 2 amps in house that we are using to build the earpieces. They will then be tuned to each amp and shipped.

I am at the mercy of the vendor. I have had a person at the factory pushing these through for the past 2 weeks.  Thanks, Jerry"

Thanks, guys, for hanging in there.  It's going to be great!

Your pals at JHAudio

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #1,969 of 2,681
Man I'm sick of waiting and I haven't even pre-ordered one! I won't even have the money to buy one any time soon either, but I'm super keen to read reviews and impressions on this device. Bring it on.

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #1,971 of 2,681
I was worried that the earmolds will lose their shape in less than half a year, but I emailed them and they said it should still fit.  I just hope so once they come... Also, heard they were giving away some hoodies too. Are they going to email us for our head sizes?

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,972 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
ian said:
Quote:
I still find it strange that they have no idea when these things are arriving. I guess that is what happens when you manufacture overseas.

They are making these overseas? I thought all their stuff is made in the States?

There was no info where they make these units, I think bneiderman  is just guessing.

Not really guessing but I don't want to comment further. Regardless who cares where it is made if this thing is the bomb. Also, from their Facebook post if they are 10 days to 2 weeks from delivery that means shipping time to JHAudio needs to be taken into account. Then, they still need to tune which means nothing until early-mid February I bet. Of course right when I will be traveling. Murphy's law strikes again! It seems they must have gotten 2 samples that came out ok and now the factory got the overhead to make the rest. #'s 1 and 2 should get theirs soon. Congrats to them.

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #1,974 of 2,681
What's nice is presumably Jerry can tune all of our IEMs to the pristine units he has now and then when the final units arrive next week, he can test and ship fairly quickly (all of this is conjecture on my part but that is the vibe I am getting)

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #1,976 of 2,681
They've come a long way when it comes to artwork. My G-Clef w/ staff and musical notes on my jH-13 looks amateur compared to that:

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #1,977 of 2,681
Truth be told, some of the mockups look far better than the actual artwork as applied to the real shells.  The dense color levels shown on some of the mockups may not translate accurately in practice, depending on the background color/inserts chosen.  I have done some research and not surprisingly solid white color shells yield the best photo art color density.

So, I have decided to forgo the clear shells to go for this combination:

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #1,978 of 2,681
Rydmoto,

Those Celtic Crosses look amazing. Praise God! That is some real art right there.

Warp,

I think you are kidding, but it would be hilarious is you actually did that.

Hopefully everyone will get their JH-3A's soon, and I can point anyone to this thread for a real definition of the word "raves".

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #1,979 of 2,681
Quote:
warp08,

I think the most worrying thing is he is serious about that... yes we have to question his sanity. 
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,980 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:
warp08,

I think the most worrying thing is he is serious about that... yes we have to question his sanity. 
tongue.gif

LOL, actually this is the 2nd revision,  The first one had a cute piggy instead of the smiling cat.  I came up with this before my "Angry Birds" addiction set in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back