1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JH Audio JH-3A

First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last
  1. immtbiker Moderator

Quote:
    ...and USB out!

2. grokit

Quote:

...not to forget about firewire, which they also have!

3. customNuts

Quote:

No this is not entirely correct. If (when using digtal out) it made no difference between laptops, pc's, iriver, colorfy, iwadia, then no one would spend $$ upgrading their transports. Computers have noisy power supplies creating loads of jitter and noisy moving parts etc. Also issues such as asynchronisity etc. Clean power, reclocked signal, low jitter, low noise all these things and many more I'm sure come into play when choosing a transport.

For the purpose of using portable DAP's with digital out with the 3a,  there would be far less issues at hand due to battery power & flash drives (no moving parts).  But Jitter is always an issue so the best transport is always best to provide the cleanest possible signal to the 3a or any DAC for that matter.

4. Caphead78
    Are you really so sure no one has ever wasted their money on audio (or anything?)? Just because people buy something doesn't mean it actually gives an appreciable sonic improvement.

Quote:

5. customNuts

Quote:

That's not what I was saying at all actually. Unfortunatley you seem to have missed the point entirely. Rather than explaining it again with regards to your response, I suggest  we get back to the actual thread topic.

6. jp11801 Contributor
    Folks I know with the delay there is not much to talk about but can we keep it on topic, there are threads and sub forums for:

1) what are you sourcing your JH3a with
    2) there's gotta be dozens of threads on the difference a source transport can make or not, take it there please

I can't wait to give these another listen and see what Jerry brings to RMAF.

7. John_H88
    Still reading through this thread, but was hoping to get some advice on the JH-3A.  I'm currently using Ety ER4's with RSA Predator, and decided a while back that I wanted to upgrade from the Ety's and had set my sights on the JH13 Pros. That was some time ago, but have finally decided to pull the trigger. Now I'm interested in the JH16 Pros, and trying to decide whether the JH-3A is a strong enough upgrade from the Predator to justify the expense (and the wait). At home, I have the SPL Phonitor and Prism Orpheus DAC which I would assume would work well with the JH16's (in addition to the non-portable headphones I have). For portability though, I like the small form factor of the Predator and also keeping my options open for using the JH16's with the Phonitor and other possible future amps/DAC's. My primary sources on the road are the ipad with the camera kit and various ipods.  Any and all advice welcome.

8. Anaxilus
    The impressions are that the JH3A is a game changer.  So unless you have a huge need to be modular w/ your IEMs then JH3A seems an obvious choice.  To the degree the game changing is overstated is unknown to me but most of those that have heard it have been pretty universal in acclaim.  The iPad w/ camera kit seems to make the JH3A more appealing for your scenario IMO.  Sounds like you have a form versus function debate on your hands.

Quote:

9. John_H88

Quote:

Thanks, that's the conclusion I've been coming to from reading all the posts.  Having recently experienced the huge difference that active crossovers (with individual driver time alignment) has made in my car system (Audison Bit One) leads me to believe that is the distinguishing factor of the JH3A that makes it such a game changer.  When properly tuned and set up to the listener's head position, the imaging and balance and overall soundstage is just vastly superior to passive crossovers.  In fact, my car sytem now is my favorite place to listen to music.  Even though the proximity is so close in IEM's, I imagine its the relative distance of each driver from one another to the ear that determines the benefit of time alignment and that relationship might even be more pronounced with headphones than in a car. 

10. Br777
    cant remember if this photo was posted in here yet, but IMO its the best perspective on how big this thing actually is... sorry i dont know whose photo this is.  keep in mind, thats on ottorbox, and those things are pretty bulky..

jh3aiphoneinottorbox.jpg

11. Br777
    im definately thinking that using a ipod touch, a long LOD and thus 2 pockets, this thing would be marginally pocketable.. maybe not outrageously comfortable.. but doable... especially if you put the jh3a in your back pocket or clipped it to your belt..

12. wazzupi
    otterbox /w iphone is 4.5 inches long 2.7 inches wide and .6 inches thick. which if you compared an Iriver or a ipod of old it would be around 4.2 inches in height 2.3 in width and .9 in depth. and from the looks of it the height and width are negligible compared to depth and the depth is about the same as the iriver or old ipods..... *slight difference*.

13. grokit
    If I ever decide to try the JH-13 for myself, I would consider the JH-3A a mandatory accessory for it.

[​IMG]

14. Anaxilus

Quote:

Yeah, I bought my car with such an accessory.  In the options box I checked 'engine'.  [​IMG]

15. nc8000 Contributor
    Well the JH13 is a stand alone iem .....

First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last