JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 15, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #2,104 of 2,681
Quote:
wow nothing yet? you guys have nerves of steel. wish I had this type of intestinal fortitude. i'm sure it will be excellent, but i'm also sure I would have cracked by now.

You're missing the point, these are most blissful times. We're building up our expectations and imagine that this will be the one, the end of the quest. Once we actually have it in our hands, that's when the nitpicking starts. 
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #2,105 of 2,681

Quote:
You're missing the point, these are most blissful times. We're building up our expectations and imagine that this will be the one, the end of the quest. Once we actually have it in our hands, that's when the nitpicking starts. 
wink.gif

Did you say we?  I must have missed/forgotten you were part of the fun!  

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #2,109 of 2,681

Quote:
Does anyone on the waiting list currently have JH-13s and wish they could upgrade to JH-16s to pair with the JH-3A? 

Not sure what you're trying to do but IMHO, it made no sense that I could see to order JH13 shells with the JH-3As, because you can effectively "emulate" the JH13 SQ with a DSP preset, while you cannot achieve the the opposite.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #2,110 of 2,681
I think he has the JH13, and wants to get them modded to the JH16+JH3A. JHA has not publicly offered this option, but it's certainly worth asking since it shouldn't actually be any more work on their part. (They gut the shells anyway.) I'm keeping my JH13 so I can use it with other equipment -- I still love these IEMs.

I really need to stop refreshing this thread.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #2,112 of 2,681

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to do but IMHO, it made no sense that I could see to order JH13 shells with the JH-3As, because you can effectively "emulate" the JH13 SQ with a DSP preset, while you cannot achieve the the opposite.

For some people this may be true.
I hated the JH16 though & to my ears they sounded nothing like the JH13. After getting my JH16 refitted & then listening to demo units of both IEMs I managed to persuade JH to remake my JH16 into JH13s. Huge differences in the treble (& mids to some degree) made the JH16 literally painful to listen to.
I would of been mortified if I received a JH3A/JH16 combo that sounded anything like the JH16 (sounded to me)

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #2,113 of 2,681
Nuwidol, do you stand alone with your sentiments?  I have not heard the save from other reviewers.  Hmm...I'm glad you're happy with your JH-13s though.
smile.gif

Sorry for the confusion warp08.  I purchased my JH-13s after hearing them at RMAF '09.  I am dying to hear what the latest is from JH Audio so thus my interest in the JH-16s and my purchase of the JH-3A. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #2,114 of 2,681

Quote:
For some people this may be true.
I hated the JH16 though & to my ears they sounded nothing like the JH13. After getting my JH16 refitted & then listening to demo units of both IEMs I managed to persuade JH to remake my JH16 into JH13s. Huge differences in the treble (& mids to some degree) made the JH16 literally painful to listen to.
I would of been mortified if I received a JH3A/JH16 combo that sounded anything like the JH16 (sounded to me)

Demo units are not the same as the properly fitted and tuned final products in either JH13 or JH16 versions. JHA's official view--to the best of my understanding--is that they recommend the JH13s for the high-end customer market some of the pro market (recording engineers and certain artists) and typically recommend the JH16s only to artists who perform live and play certain range of instruments that can extend into the sub-bass, primarily drums and others to allow the extended fidelity of the JH16s extra headroom aided by the quad bass drivers plus the triple-bore construction vs. dual-bore in the 13s to capture the visceral impact of the live performance vs. a controlled studio environment.

Since I do have both conventional versions for nearly a year now, my opinion is that I switch and use them according to the particular recording/sources/ICs being used to gain optimum performance for my hearing preferences.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2,115 of 2,681
...But it has been said time and time again, including from Jerry himself to me at CanJam last year, that the JH16 is really the way to go in the JH3A system since it can be tuned to sound just about identical to the JH13 version of the system.

I'm going to suggest to them that they use a service like http://tinyletter.com/ to keep their customers in the loop... They can't honestly expect all their customers to check their facebook wall every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back