JH Audio JH-3A
Jan 21, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #1,951 of 2,681
Agreed, Boomana!

The JH3A I heard at CanJam was awfully good and I'm sold on the concept of an active crossover driving separate amps. Enough so that I invested in a speaker system that works on the same concept.

I've never taken the portable market that seriously (slings and arrows expected), but the JH3A/JH13 has me excited. When production ramps up, I plan to buy. I'm not one to preorder, but once production ramps up, I'm planning to get this.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #1,952 of 2,681
LOL I think for most people it isn't whether the JH3A will be out of this world - it's how in this world are they going to pay for it. I'm torn between saving up for this, versus ordering the Westone 4 in a couple weeks or the se535 right away. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #1,954 of 2,681

LOL I think for most people it isn't whether the JH3A will be out of this world - it's how in this world are they going to pay for it. I'm torn between saving up for this, versus ordering the Westone 4 in a couple weeks or the se535 right away. 

Haven't heard the westones or the 3a yet, but I have heard the 535s. While the 535's construction quality has greatly improved over the e500's that I have, the sound quality really hasn't made the same leap. I still think the top of the line shures sound pretty darn good, and will not sell mine anytime soon, but there's still a large amount to be desired. Save up man, it'll be worth it

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,957 of 2,681

Quote:
Another week "bytes" the dust.

As my transports gently weep...
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #1,958 of 2,681
Quote:
my molds are now 3.5 months old. Are they still good?

it's generally recommended to consume them within a week lest they become moldy! 
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #1,959 of 2,681
Concensus seems to be that the moulds themselves should be good for uo to a year as should be fit unless you are very young and still growing or has gained/lost a lot of weight

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,960 of 2,681
Looks like there is another two week delay. Factory just got that bass pot issue solved. Starting assembly and tuning with two amps that are now in house. So should be soon for all you guys that have waited so long.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,961 of 2,681
Do the physical molds actually shrink over time?  I have a set that were done in June in anticipation of getting JH16s...but never actually sent them in for anything.  Can I still use them if I want another custom IEM now?

Quote:
Concensus seems to be that the moulds themselves should be good for uo to a year as should be fit unless you are very young and still growing or has gained/lost a lot of weight

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #1,965 of 2,681
Quote:
Do the physical molds actually shrink over time?  I have a set that were done in June in anticipation of getting JH16s...but never actually sent them in for anything.  Can I still use them if I want another custom IEM now?

Quote:

call jh audio and/or westone and get their take on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back