JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10,743
[Note: the thread starter and title have been changed.]

Note that most of the links below go to impressions of the old non-Freqphase version.

Addressing general concerns about JHA & JH13s
http://www.head-fi.org/t/427222/jh-audio-jh-13-pro-impressions-thread/2940#post_5909960

JH13 pro impressions post list - this thread's 'Cliff notes'
or
JH13 meta impressions list
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5911775-post3001.html

JH13 pictures thread
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...s-only-438252/

Audiologist impressions thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...tended-440466/

Larry aka headphoneaddicts 3 way power review:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ue11pro-440051

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 10,743
Without actual A/B all discussions are baseless.
Someone has to have both (or had UE11 Pro) and compare the two for actual information.

One thing's for certain, I expect BETTER workmanship than what UE (under logitech) has shown(not terrible, but not what it used to be).

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 10,743
I am teetering between the ES3X and these. I have the impressions done and ready. What to do, what to do.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 10,743
UE10/11 has different style than ES3X.
By some stretch of imagination I'd say JD13Pro is a better version of UE11Pro, but still different from ES3X.
And ES3X by many accounts are "natural" "extremely comfortable"

Make you pick
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 10,743
mmm
change the name to "JH-13 Pro expectation thread" ?

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 10,743
All I know is that the JH13 appreciated $1k out of my wallet yesterday. Seriously, I have never been this blown away before (and that's saying something). Now, I just can't wait for the next 2 weeks or so to go by, so that the real appreciation can begin. If you didn't read my impressions in the CanJam thread, sufficie to say that the "universal" fit trial version of the JH13 sounded so spectacular that I preferred it to the HD800, and am wondering if I will ever want full-sized high-end cans again one I receive it.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 10,743
I'm saving up for a pair as we speak... LFF put me over the edge on this one.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #10 of 10,743
I read the specs as “dual low, dual mid, dual high,” and yes I did notice the “proprietary” notice, but marketing aside who else makes these mini armatures? Does anyone know if these are the Knowles TWFK Series, which are the world's smallest dual balanced armatures? And doesn't UE get their armatures from Knowles as well?

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I know is that the JH13 appreciated $1k out of my wallet yesterday. Seriously, I have never been this blown away before (and that's saying something). Now, I just can't wait for the next 2 weeks or so to go by, so that the real appreciation can begin. If you didn't read my impressions in the CanJam thread, sufficie to say that the "universal" fit trial version of the JH13 sounded so spectacular that I preferred it to the HD800, and am wondering if I will ever want full-sized high-end cans again one I receive it.

totally agree with you...and thanks for turning me on to the JH-13 Pros...

To me these were THE highlight of the show. The best sound at the show for me. I am trying to see how I can swing for a pair. I would buy this over the HD800 too in a heartbeat. I an only imagine how good the custom ones would be.

For those asking for reviews from folks who have had the UE10 and UE11, i guess we will have to wait for boomana and the like to put in their 2 cents.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #12 of 10,743
for someone to have a ue-10/11 and pounce on a jh-13 will be few and far between but I have mine ordered and I will put in my review and links to any other reviews in the first post but yes I think that the jh-13's have the potential to be the one and only headphone I will be listening to for a LONG time.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I know is that the JH13 appreciated $1k out of my wallet yesterday. Seriously, I have never been this blown away before (and that's saying something).

Oh boy
eek.gif

So I guess that they are very good with prog-metal music ??

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #14 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read the specs as “dual low, dual mid, dual high,” and yes I did notice the “proprietary” notice, but marketing aside who else makes these mini armatures? Does anyone know if these are the Knowles TWFK Series, which are the world's smallest dual balanced armatures? And doesn't UE get their armatures from Knowles as well?

UE has most of their balanced armature receivers custom made, probably by Knowles. For examples, the dual bass drive in TF10 has this marking on them: 'UEXXXe', while the high freq. drive is marked 'UEHIe'. For SF5pro, they are 'UELOWe and 'UEHIe'. UE10 Pro has Knowles 2955 as low and UEHIe as high. In contrast, Shure's IEM uses pretty much all the common Knowles models that you can find on Knowles website.

That said, you can custom order BA transducer from Knowles that are specially tuned for your spec, if you are willing to pay a premier price. With their relationship going back to pre-Logitech's UE time, I am sure Jerry will have no problem partnering with Knowles for a series of JH exclusive transducers.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #15 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh boy
eek.gif

So I guess that they are very good with prog-metal music ??

And orchestral music, and piano music, and electronic music, and well...you get the point.

The biggest obstacle to sound quality will without a doubt be...the recording itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back