JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 18, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #10,726 of 10,743
Hi Goodvibes

How about hybrid cable from whiplash audio, combine between TWAG3 & TWCU3? Have you ever try?
Compare with silver dragon with TWAG 3, which one is better?

I feel jh 13fp is not low enough compare with audeze lcd2, maybe with replacement cable, it can low enough and have better impact.

Did anyone has combine jh 13 fp with sony xperia z5 compact?

Many thanks

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #10,728 of 10,743
Agreed the JH13 go down looooow and can create deep rumble if it's in the music. I don't know about cables but with a good source the JH13 produces plenty of low end. I have the JH16 too and the JH13 produce a way nicer, more natural bass.

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #10,729 of 10,743
JH13 pro has been replaced with JH13 V2. New BA drivers and the cable that comes with the siren series IEMs.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #10,731 of 10,743
Coming from HD800 Desktop with Mainline balanced. Been tweaking components to get what I want for the last couple years. I'm picky.

Got a set of In-Earz re-shelled JH13 Pro PF's. Gotta say, I'm underwhelmed. I've tried off my FiiO X5ii and Crack, mainline, various impedances. Fit is not great, with the re-shell, but I can get a seal, I don't think its the problem. They do have detail and do benefit from a better source, but I gotta say... its a much narrower presentation than my W40's or HD800. 

I switched last second from a set of used W60's the used JH13's on head-fi. Seriously regretting that move.  I gotta say, the anticipation has been the best part. I want to like the JH's so bad. But *sigh*. After about 3hrs of listening I've had enough. Narrow and Nasal. Up for sale they go. 

Funny thing is, I don't even have that hard of a time with Universals. I just wanted to experience the JH magic. LOL.

Well, wrong rabbit hole methinks. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #10,732 of 10,743
  Coming from HD800 Desktop with Mainline balanced. Been tweaking components to get what I want for the last couple years. I'm picky.

Got a set of In-Earz re-shelled JH13 Pro PF's. Gotta say, I'm underwhelmed. I've tried off my FiiO X5ii and Crack, mainline, various impedances. Fit is not great, with the re-shell, but I can get a seal, I don't think its the problem. They do have detail and do benefit from a better source, but I gotta say... its a much narrower presentation than my W40's or HD800. 

I switched last second from a set of used W60's the used JH13's on head-fi. Seriously regretting that move.  I gotta say, the anticipation has been the best part. I want to like the JH's so bad. But *sigh*. After about 3hrs of listening I've had enough. Narrow and Nasal. Up for sale they go. 

Funny thing is, I don't even have that hard of a time with Universals. I just wanted to experience the JH magic. LOL.

Well, wrong rabbit hole methinks. 

I don't think your X5 was enough for JH13FP, my X5 was bloody muddy that i sold it off few days after getting it. As for the sound stage, you can't compare ciem at this lvl to HD800 full desktop set up. They produce sound differently, they have their own strong points. 
Also note that these ciem benefits alot from cable upgrade. The stock cable sucks

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #10,733 of 10,743
The desktop rig comparison - it was really just a statement of my background. I'm not some sniveling kid with his first rig. :wink:

Nah. I think its the whole presentation - ie, signature that has me put off.  Its a bit lean and clinical and a lot narrower than most I feel.  

The FiiO X5ii is significantly better than its predecessor.  IMHO. I'll keep 13's for a bit longer, likely get them re-fit as well. For me while they are 13's are technically superior (transients), the W40s are more enjoyable.  I guess I should give them longer. You buy the ticket - take the ride.

If I'm hearing what their supposed to do, then *shrug* I think JH is out to lunch on his pricing. Maybe its me and my brain has to wrap about them a little better, but I normally can make an impulse decision on audio gear (couple minutes) and then only listen further if I hear something of value. These have value, but price wise (even used) I'm currently disappointed.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #10,734 of 10,743
Okay, I gotta reel it in a bit. I have to send this back to in-earz and I'm going to have a hard time letting them go. I've been wearing them for a few hours a day to get the idea of what fit needs to be changed and I'm really warming up to them.

When I originally made the switch, I found them to be a bit bass light so I was bringing up the volume to compensate and that was resulting in some pain in the highs and the impression that they were a bit stark. But settling into them it seems the base is a bit lighter, but much tighter. They can also really put up a wide soundscape when they need it.

Still a bit closer, in the with the band sound than back from stage with the W40s. I don't care for that property much, but otherwise the JH13's are pretty good technically.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #10,735 of 10,743
... time passes ....

Sold the W40s. JH13s for the win. It took some time for the neurological wiring to really appreciate them. Couldn't pass up the deal I saw here on a used AK100ii, so its on its way.  The reviews say the pair are supposed to be the Cats ass. Well, I so see a lot of AK100ii / Chord Mojo pairings. The X5ii as a transport over SPIF coaxial is pretty damn good on my DM603's. I'd like to try the mojo with different sources.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #10,736 of 10,743
Decided to let my jh13 fp go, it was my first ciem and the best I've ever had. Have compared it to flagships from Aurisonic, JH layla, roxanne, uerm, k10 but decided to keep over those now. After all these years, JH13FP stands still with the test of time.   

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10,737 of 10,743
  Decided to let my jh13 fp go, it was my first ciem and the best I've ever had. Have compared it to flagships from Aurisonic, JH layla, roxanne, uerm, k10 but decided to keep over those now. After all these years, JH13FP stands still with the test of time.   

What are you going with then?

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #10,738 of 10,743

What are you going with then?

I switched to different signature completely for a change since I already had HD800 which is somewhat on JH's side. W500 - I did.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #10,739 of 10,743
Has anyone compared JH-13 first gen with the V2?  (I can't find a comparison via search)

I'm a recording engineer, and love my JH-13s because they are nice and flat EQ wise, no boost in the bass.  

Just wondering how the V2s are!

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #10,740 of 10,743
  ... time passes ....

Sold the W40s. JH13s for the win. It took some time for the neurological wiring to really appreciate them. Couldn't pass up the deal I saw here on a used AK100ii, so its on its way.  The reviews say the pair are supposed to be the Cats ass. Well, I so see a lot of AK100ii / Chord Mojo pairings. The X5ii as a transport over SPIF coaxial is pretty damn good on my DM603's. I'd like to try the mojo with different sources.

Make sure you have them checked when refit. JH13s are anything but bass light. The midbass is about right and probably less than the warm sig common to most things (like those w40s) but the low bass is definitely slighty elevated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back