JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #10,621 of 10,743
  I definitely think the k10 is better than the original jh13 but for me, the 13FPs give both those and the Roxannes a run but they're all different enough for any given subjective perspective of the 3.

Hi, can you compare K10 to JH13FP. I wonder if K10 is really superior to JH13FP and worth upgrading. Thanks

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #10,622 of 10,743
  I definitely think the k10 is better than the original jh13 but for me, the 13FPs give both those and the Roxannes a run but they're all different enough for any given subjective perspective of the 3.

That is interesting. I auditioned the JH13(FP) with the Roxanne and found that the Roxanne was a bit too bassy for me with a slightly darker sound than the 13. I have not heard the K10, but that was my initial target for a CIEM from the start.. Sadly I couldn't find a place to demo them so I went with the JH13 with a lot of what-if's.

After over 2 weeks of living with my JH13FP, and getting used to the fit which changes on a daily basis for me (some days perfect, some days a tad lose), I have to say that I don't think any other CIEMs around the same price could be a definitely better than the JH13FP, and anything above the price would only be an incremental improvement which would not be able to draw me away from my 13.

I may or may not be changing my tune upon hearing the Layla or K10 (in the future), but I highly doubt that I will. I think I have reached my end game for CIEMs. 

Some thoughts on the 13:

I find the 13 to be...contradictory. I can't detect that bass hump in certain tracks while on other tracks it presents the frequency between the mid and lower bass with a very commanding presence. I do find the midbass to be slightly soft on rare occasions, but they are viscerally smooth most of the time which is another contradiction. 

The mids are the weirdest part for me. Sometimes they feel quite forward and lush, other times they recede slightly and sound a bit thin. And these are with tracks that I've listened to thousands of times, so I'm REALLY familiar with them. I have no idea what's going on. 

On brighter tracks, I do feel that the 13 pushes the bass back a bit more than my other headphones do, but omg that occasional sparkle sounds awesome to my ears. However, the 13 does present the highs of certain tracks harshly, especially cymbals and other treble sounds with long decay. 

Do you guys have the same experience with the 13? Sometimes it sounds like a smooooth Denon 5/7k, other times it sounds like an ACS or even a HD700/800. I feel like I'm listening to 3-5 different headphones sometimes. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #10,623 of 10,743
Part of their goodness. More chameleon like than the majority of their rivals. Other than a bit extra deep bass that is mitigated with a good cable choice, they are just revealing of source. How different that cables, files, FWs and source components can sound through these is great indicator of their overall lack of sig. They can sound smooth or etched, bassy or thin and why you get so many diverse comments about them. People are listening through them more than to them. Admittedly, I sought out a cable that works for me and makes this more so. I think the stock cable that mine came with 2 years back is a tad hashy/flat but still better than most of the aftermarket options.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #10,624 of 10,743
I agree, JH13 technically sounds great even when compared to those which cost 2x it's price. I still consider JH13 as a TOTL CIEM which is almost comparable to those at the more expensive range.

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #10,625 of 10,743
Hey JH lovers! I'm waiting for my impressions to reach JH Labs, otherwise I'm currently going to explode from the anticipation!

I'm just worried that the bass will be lackluster, the only IEM's I've owned were the Westone W40/UM30 (both of which had very punchy and deep bass) and the Sennheiser IE80 (ignore this one, too much bass)
To anyone who's ever tried these Westone IEM's, would you kindly (bioshock) tell me how close the JH13 Pro is to their bass levels?

Thank you <3!

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #10,628 of 10,743
  Part of their goodness. More chameleon like than the majority of their rivals. Other than a bit extra deep bass that is mitigated with a good cable choice, they are just revealing of source. How different that cables, files, FWs and source components can sound through these is great indicator of their overall lack of sig. They can sound smooth or etched, bassy or thin and why you get so many diverse comments about them. People are listening through them more than to them. Admittedly, I sought out a cable that works for me and makes this more so. I think the stock cable that mine came with 2 years back is a tad hashy/flat but still better than most of the aftermarket options.

Would you recommend a cable hunt? Is it worth the time? I may want to bring the upper mids up front a bit more, and maybe smooth the occasional treble harshness. I have no experience with cables, so this might be a bit too much to ask for from switching cables.

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #10,629 of 10,743
Does anyone here mind helping me with a deep comparison between K10 and JH13FP, i have been always wondering if i should upgrade to K10...or simply not

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #10,630 of 10,743
To anyone who's ever tried these Westone IEM's, would you kindly (bioshock) tell me how close the JH13 Pro is to their bass levels?

Although it's hard to give an accurate impression, since it has been a long time since I had the W40, I'd say the JH13fp mops the floor with it across the board. It's partly a function of the superior fit. Bass? The W40 sounded nice enough, but the JH13 is tighter and more controlled.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #10,631 of 10,743
Although it's hard to give an accurate impression, since it has been a long time since I had the W40, I'd say the JH13fp mops the floor with it across the board. It's partly a function of the superior fit. Bass? The W40 sounded nice enough, but the JH13 is tighter and more controlled.

I ****ing love you.

Thanks <3

They are already being made as we speak =D, Video review to follow (because why not)

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #10,632 of 10,743

I ****ing love you.

Thanks <3

They are already being made as we speak =D, Video review to follow (because why not)

Great and welcome to the club! I am pretty sure you would continue to like them as much as we do!
etysmile.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #10,634 of 10,743
Hi guys, has anyone matched the JH13's with the Cayin C5? How is it?

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #10,635 of 10,743
  6 more days till they get here >:B

6 more days till they get here >:B

Congrats! I got mine about a month ago. It now takes up 100% of my portable ear time and 40% of my home ear time. Don't freak out if it makes your tracks sound different in different ways; when I got mine, I was weirded out by how they could make certain tracks sound bass heavy and while they make others sound lean and clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back