JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #10,264 of 10,743
Yup. As much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!

You should really put it into use once in a while. I would not worry about ear wax if your ears are clean enough to take impressions, but small pieces of skin can accumulate into buildups  inside the bores and that's really going to hurt SQ. My ACS T1's channel imbalance was fixed in the past just by changing the filters.

Oh and about the bubble, since it's not inside any of the bores, could it be that it has always been there and you just didn't notice it before? Manufacturing imperfection perhaps? 

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #10,265 of 10,743
You should really put it into use once in a while. I would not worry about ear wax if your ears are clean enough to take impressions, but small pieces of skin can accumulate into buildups  inside the bores and that's really going to hurt SQ. My ACS T1's channel imbalance was fixed in the past just by changing the filters.

Oh and about the bubble, since it's not inside any of the bores, could it be that it has always been there and you just didn't notice it before? Manufacturing imperfection perhaps? 

Yes the bubbles have been there since the get go. I was preoccupied with getting used to fit and SQ so didn't worry too much. Getting to the point where any refit deal expires and I'll be set with them. Paranoia is a terrible thing!
It's a shame that there are no filters of any kind in the 13's.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #10,266 of 10,743
Yes the bubbles have been there since the get go. I was preoccupied with getting used to fit and SQ so didn't worry too much. Getting to the point where any refit deal expires and I'll be set with them. Paranoia is a terrible thing!
It's a shame that there are no filters of any kind in the 13's.

Now that you've seen them, there's no going back 
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #10,269 of 10,743
The tool will fit in there, just push it in gently it will compress. Mine has bubbles as well, all of my ciems have had them.

Well you are right. It will fit! Still reckon it's going to push crud down rather than hook it out. I don't know if my ear canals are unusually small. Out of interest what diameter are the bores on your JH?
I was only a bit concerned by the bubbles because they are so close to the bores.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #10,275 of 10,743
Well my 13's don't lose seal whatever my listening position. Maybe you have a less than perfect fit. How much of an issue that is depends on how much listening you intend to do lying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back