JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #7,786 of 10,743
I am dying waiting for my refits to come back. ARGH!!!!!! It's killing me. The UE 11s are ok but they just don't sparkle like the JH 13s. At least I had them to fall back on and I hope this is the only refit needed.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #7,787 of 10,743
Hey guys,

I'm in a pickle. I love how the HD600 (and possibly other high-end open cans) surround me with music and sound 'bigger' so to speak.

Posted this in the full sized thread since its a comparison with the HD600.

Posting it here for my eyes to see it and for more opinions and POVs:

"Initially I was hell bent on getting the JH13 but now I'm kinda in a quandary. The HD600 with a decent Amp and DAC still sound bigger and fuller than the JH13 but then that's just a function of headphones vs. IEMs. The JH13 universals I tried trump the HD600 in detail and the nuances that can be heard - they're a treat. The JH13 has the bonus of being extremely portable vs a fixed sit at home setup with the HD600. What dya guys think? Feel free to exchange the HD600 with something equally full-sized."

"That's what I'm hearing (as in reading on Head-Fi) that the soundstage is bigger than most high-end full sized cans.

But when I tried the universal version, I would definitely say that the soundstage is alot more precise than say the HD600 or the DT880 (which I tried some time back). Spatial cues are more pronounced and instrument separation is wider.

However the HD600 still has a bigger, more enveloping sound.

JH13 universal demo: Music still plays in your head
HD600: Music plays around you (surrounds you - not much like speakers but closer to them than the universal JH13.

I'm hoping that the custom version of the JH13 would surround me vs. just play music in my head. Though I'm not sure if this is physically possible since its a open backed can vs. IEM affair."

Whaddya guys think?

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #7,788 of 10,743
I purchased and owned the HD 650 after my JH13s. The HD 650 definitely has a wider stage, but I prefer the staging of the 13s. The 650s sound sloppy in comparison, even despite the size. It simply lacked the holographic imaging and specificity.

The thing is that the staging of the 13 isn't really a fault as it's very.. "correct." I consider something to be a fault when you consistently notice the deficiency and it gets in the way (i.e. a lack of detail, overdone bass). The 13's soundscape isn't this.

Going back and forth from the 13s to a conventional pair of headphones (e.g. the Grado HF2), it takes a while for me to adjust since the presentations really are inherently different.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #7,790 of 10,743
just finished my min3, sounds awsome. Once I drill the endplates I will take some pictures of JH13+mini3 pr0nz.

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #7,791 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just finished my min3, sounds awsome. Once I drill the endplates I will take some pictures of JH13+mini3 pr0nz.

as good as the student? i cant wait to get my 13's back so i can listen to my protector
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #7,792 of 10,743
well...ahem
redface.gif
I have a bit of cross channel problem with the SSMH at the moment, I have the right channel grounding somewhere and I don't know where, and its causing the SQ to be off. But I ordered the parts today for another SSMH because I designed a PCB for it so I will do it again and we'll see...
but seriously....this amp is sick...
it cost me £55 in total..unbelievable..

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #7,794 of 10,743
They are FINALLY back from the lab. Now to open the box and test them out! I hope I don't need another refit.

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #7,795 of 10,743
Fit is spot on. I can't move them around to adjust the sound. They just fit period. I can't take them out!!! Thanks Jerry and Zac.

Giving my Shadow a good workout, which is a good thing.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #7,796 of 10,743
i got my right ear back today finally as well!
smily_headphones1.gif
listened stationary for like an hour and it seems they fixed the fit problem, but ive said that in the past and a week later i decide it needs more, so ill give it some time. One thing that doesnt need time though, is how awesome the protector sounds with them! holy cow, that along with my dac19mk3 make beautiful music in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #7,797 of 10,743
I sent mine in on Tues, they got them Wed, and today they sent them out back to me. Talk about quick turnaround!

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #7,798 of 10,743
Hi people,
I've a pair of UE Triplefi 10 vi and am considering buying some JH 13 pro's. I am seeking a comparison of the two in terms of cost and value for money. I listen to all types of music. I would really like a pair but am having a hard time justifying the cost of them in terms of the extra quality of sound that I expect for my money. If anybody has heard both i'd be very happy to read your views.
Thanks guys.

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #7,799 of 10,743
Hi people,
I've a pair of UE Triplefi 10 vi and am considering buying some JH 13 pro's. I am seeking a comparison of the two in terms of cost and value for money. I listen to all types of music. I would really like a pair but am having a hard time justifying the cost of them in terms of the extra quality of sound that I expect for my money. If anybody has heard both i'd be very happy to read your views.
Thanks guys.

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #7,800 of 10,743
For me there was no comparison. I briefly had the Triple Fi 10s, and part of my problem was I could rarely get a proper seal. Either no bass, or too boomy. Even when the seal seemed good, opening my mouth or tilting my head with them in changed the sound. And when they were giving me a good seal, the bass was too much, and the midrange was so recessed, I didn't like it at all.

The JH 13s are fantastic; at 3 to 4 times the price of the Triple Fi 10s, I feel they are more than worth it. My fit was perfect the first time. These are by far the best headphones/earphones I've ever heard. Deep bass, lush midrange, and sparkling highs; wide soundstage considering they are inside your head.

As I said above, they are in a totally different league than the Triple Fi 10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back