JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level
Aug 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Shizam

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm about to pull the trigger on some custom IEM's for work but have a couple questions on comfort level.

First of all I own some Shures w/the gray rubber nubs and I've never been able to use them very long because if I take them in and out of my ear a couple times they rub and irritate the skin.  It looks like the custom IEM's might not have this problem since they don't rely on friction to hold them in my ear canal, is that true?

Also looking at the JH 13 & JH 16 pro it looks like the JH16 is a larger device, does it stay in the ear well?  The price difference btw the two ($50) is so small that I feel I may as well go w/the JH16 unless its size is going to cause issues.

Thanks,
Sam

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 10
They are meant to fit an individual's ears so some may be bigger or smaller than others due to ear size. Assuming impressions are good comfort shouldn't change from one model to another unless they are being made of a different material such as Westone and their tips compared to all acrylic like most customs.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 10
Fit of customs is a challenge for most.   I certainly have had that experience with the JH13s.   My first impressions weren't good as I found sending back my IEMs for four refits.   I finally had new impressions made, JH Audio did a remake and they fit beautifully.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 10
I got my 16's coming Monday. I too had shures (530's) and found the best fit for me was the yellow foams. They wore out fast and were expensive. I went ahead and had custom molds made for them from a place in chicago (for got the name). I thought I made a mig mistake because the figment was terrible (cost me 225 with custom colors). I figured after a couple days I had to just shove them in my ears and I was very happy, I am eagerly awaiting the jh16's because I feel the fitment will be much better. The sound shouldn't even be close.
Good luck!

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Awesome guys, thanks for the input.  kiwirugy did they charge you for refits?

Sam

No they did not.  But to help defray some of their costs I sent a a pre-payed return Fedex slip.  It certainly was not JH Audio's fault that I had a badly done impression in the first place that was the root cause of all the refits and ultimately resulted in new impressions, a remake of my JH13s that fit brilliantly.

Most refits were done in a day, but that was months ago....

In the whole process I have had nothing but exemplary service from Zac, Brittany and Jerry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back