JH Audio banner ad
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
I understand the need for advertisement support, but I must say the new JH Audio ad is just visually repulsive. Orange against blue? I'm getting a migraine coming on just looking at the site right now... Not the best color combination in the world, and it runs across the site between blue areas. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 7
I was going to say exactly the same thing! The forum is harder to read and the ad very distracting. Also, when on my iPad I noticed the pages take much much longer to load with this hideous thing. I know advertising is needed to support and keep the site free for us users but this goes too far.

It does look like it is not there anymore and just now I tried opening the site on the iPad and it loaded instantly! Thanks Headfi for removing it!

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 7
For me, it's still there on the main home page, in all its glory. Sheesh, please please please PLEASE PLeaSe  change it to something other than freaking orange! The pale blue with orange has to be just about the most hideous color combination possible. Is it 'shock advertising'? 

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah your right it is still on the home page, thankfully I only look at the forums. I agree, if they turned the orange to blue it would be better, thankfully I would imagine it will be gone after the show. Funny thing is stuff like this puts me off buying from the company!

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 7
I guess that's the point - you're sure to notice it, as it has the subtlety of a CBS sitcom.

I hope Jude is making serious money off this ad because it's the equivalent of this:

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Yeah your right it is still on the home page, thankfully I only look at the forums. I agree, if they turned the orange to blue it would be better, thankfully I would imagine it will be gone after the show. Funny thing is stuff like this puts me off buying from the company!

Couldn't possibly agree more on this one. Definitely very alienating. 

Quote:
I guess that's the point - you're sure to notice it, as it has the subtlety of a CBS sitcom.

I hope Jude is making serious money off this ad because it's the equivalent of this:

Yep, subtlety is not the point here, I suppose you're right. They could just go straight to flashing neon colors next... Take the garish concept to the maximum, and in polar complementary hues of course. A study in pure bad design. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 7
I see it has gone thank goodness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back