JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Dec 18, 2015 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 692

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at the JH Audio and Astell&Kern's Siren Series Full Metal Jacket line, and the newest member of the family, the JH Audio and Astell&Kern's Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Rosie.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Angie universal-fit in-ear monitor
  2. JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Layla  universal-fit in-ear monitor
  3. JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Roxanne universal-fit in-ear monitor
  4. JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Rosie universal-fit in-ear monitor
  5. JH Audio JH13 Pro custom-fit in-ear monitor

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 692
Can existing custom owners of the Roxanne send their units back to be upgraded to the 4th order crossover?

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 692
Rosie sounds like JH13 with adjustable bass. Nice.

But the $200 price increase for the rest of the line is not so nice. Might as well go for customs.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 692
I think the new Moon-Audio designed and manufactured cables are a much more notable improvement, as the weight and torque on that right angled design was really bad for the 2.5mm TRRS balanced port for AK DAPs.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 692
Rosie sounds like JH13 with adjustable bass. Nice.

But the $200 price increase for the rest of the line is not so nice. Might as well go for customs.

That is because they come with t.wo pairs of moon Audio cables each costing $200

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #9 of 692
That is because they come with t.wo pairs of moon Audio cables each costing $200

Not true - cable on their website is actually not the stock one.

"Just to clarify. JH Audio's stock cables are not our dragon cables. They are stock cables that we designed, created and customized for them but they are a vast improvement over their previous ones & should have good durability.

Our dragon cables are the premium upgrade for your JH Audio 4 pin style iem's "Roxanne, Layla & Angie" for now. More models will fit this at some point in the future."

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 692
Not true - cable on their website is actually not the stock one.

"Just to clarify. JH Audio's stock cables are not our dragon cables. They are stock cables that we designed, created and customized for them but they are a vast improvement over their previous ones & should have good durability.

Our dragon cables are the premium upgrade for your JH Audio 4 pin style iem's "Roxanne, Layla & Angie" for now. More models will fit this at some point in the future."

Sorry for the mistake. I stand corrected.

Well then...... JH Audio. No idea what the price increase is about.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 692
Interesting that they've come on the heels of the new K10U.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #14 of 692
  I think the new Moon-Audio designed and manufactured cables are a much more notable improvement, as the weight and torque on that right angled design was really bad for the 2.5mm TRRS balanced port for AK DAPs.

Very true... I plan to order 1 of each for my layla. So are you planning to upgrade from the to the new Layla?

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #15 of 692

Very true... I plan to order 1 of each for my layla. So are you planning to upgrade from the to the new Layla?

Doubt it, as I am more interested in the Beyerdynamic T8iE or Noble Audio Savant.  Heck, the aluminum version of their K10U will better serve 95% of people whom are looking for TOTL IEMs, plus it is much cheaper too (relatively speaking.)  You really need to get the custom version of the Layla for actual daily use, as the universal version is just really too big for the fit, which makes the new design moot.  However, if you do happen to have any of the newer JH IEMs and looking for a cable upgrade, I think the new stock cables from Moon-Audio is perfect (custom cable prices from Toxic or Beat Audio are still pretty insane.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back