JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3,076 of 3,122
I sure do miss my angie... The only iem where the treble was perfect if only i could say the same about its ergonomics :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #3,077 of 3,122
I sure do miss my angie... The only iem where the treble was perfect if only i could say the same about its ergonomics :frowning2:

This is why I bought a custom Angie and sold my universal Angie.

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #3,078 of 3,122
Unlucky and lucky you!

No regrets, angie sounds awesome straight out of LG-V40 no need to carry an dap around, unlike Sony IER-ZR1.
Angie is my daily commute IEM for past 4 years, just love them. Yes lucky with new cable, nice of JH audio for the surprise.

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3,079 of 3,122
This is why I bought a custom Angie and sold my universal Angie.
Can't really complain about my pair, got it 2nd hand in near perfect condition for a measly $290.

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #3,083 of 3,122
Just recently got back from JH Audio my CIEM Angie’s that had a cracked shell that broke back in 2019. Hadn’t used them since then. When JH Audio tested both headphones they found one of the drivers on the side that was not cracked was not working, so that was also repaired. They were able to make a new shell using my 5 year old impression. Bottom line is everything fits perfect and they sound fantastic. My other headphones are the Focal Utopia that I use with a Focal Arche. Now I have been using the Focal Arche to drive the Angie’s, and these sound best with the Arche in VOLTAGE mode. Overall I could not be happier with the 5 year old Angie’s and the service at JH Audio.

Sep 17, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #3,084 of 3,122
Just recently got back from JH Audio my CIEM Angie’s that had a cracked shell that broke back in 2019. Hadn’t used them since then. When JH Audio tested both headphones they found one of the drivers on the side that was not cracked was not working, so that was also repaired. They were able to make a new shell using my 5 year old impression. Bottom line is everything fits perfect and they sound fantastic. My other headphones are the Focal Utopia that I use with a Focal Arche. Now I have been using the Focal Arche to drive the Angie’s, and these sound best with the Arche in VOLTAGE mode. Overall I could not be happier with the 5 year old Angie’s and the service at JH Audio.
how much the reshell cost and for repaired drivers? did it still using old 4 pin? or 7-PIN UPGRADE

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #3,086 of 3,122
250 for the reshell, 125 for the driver, they left them as 4 pin cable, very reasonable cost
Thats very very cheap! When i wanted to get my empire ears zeus reshelled and repaired the quoted price was, at minimum, $500

Sep 18, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #3,089 of 3,122
I got reshelled left side of Empire Ear Phantom that was cracked from body to the tip and it costed $250. Is that reasonable?
Very reasonable considering its custom with a nice artwork. I ended up selling my unit for just $300 because the price wasnt final. I didnt ship my unit to them because shipping (one way) wouldve cost $100 and an additional $80 for insurance.

To this day i dont know how many drivers gone bad with the unit... new owner didnt find anything wrong with them. The price on my unit couldve skyrocketed up to $1000 because when i had it graphed there was a massive imbalance at both the treble and bass regions. At that point i already accepted that buying a new pair rather than saving it would be less of a hassle.

Not that im saying theres anything wrong with empire, they are a great company with very very pretty looking and sounding iems! But thats enough of me hijacking the thread lol.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #3,090 of 3,122
how much the reshell cost and for repaired drivers? did it still using old 4 pin? or 7-PIN UPGRADE
I mostly listen to music on my 2 channel speaker set up, TAD R1s in an active biamp with Pass XVR1 crossover set up with the help of Andrew Jones, and I don’t have experience with headphone, other than the CIEM Angie and Focal Utopia. That said, I’m very impressed with how these 5 year old Angie hold up. The level of detail is quite extraordinary, bass is tuneful and ample, voices are very natural, treble is clean and smooth. Glad I took the time to fix them. Very few devices get the piano and the human voice a totally correct as these Angie do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back