JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,061 of 3,122
My Angie arrived! Let’s go WVU Mountaineers!

E352A500-96F1-4CF2-A56F-10480DDA6D67.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #3,062 of 3,122
I still have a pair of universal metal jacket and love its sound matching well with N6ii/E01/E02. Let me know your opinion once listening to the custom made one. Thank you.

The custom design to me has the same timber as the universal one. The bass pod can be adjusted to get the same level of bass even if the setting is a little different due the better custom fit. Mids still sound really good.

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #3,063 of 3,122
Hi guys, for those of you that are interested in buying a Jh Audio Angie, I have one for sale. It is the second version (metal jacket). I also had the first version and the fit is much improved in the second version. Thank you!

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #3,065 of 3,122
I just bought a set of Angie V1 that came with no tips, and... First impressions are not positive. The stem depth is /insane/. Literally looks like a manufacturing defect next to every other IEM I own. I put a pair of Spinfit M (140? I'm new to aftermarket tips) on. They look stupid and sound worse. Help?

Attachments

• 20210330_190552.jpg
    20210330_190552.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3,066 of 3,122
I just bought a set of Angie V1 that came with no tips, and... First impressions are not positive. The stem depth is /insane/. Literally looks like a manufacturing defect next to every other IEM I own. I put a pair of Spinfit M (140? I'm new to aftermarket tips) on. They look stupid and sound worse. Help?
This is the first version and actually has the best build quality in all iterations (IMO). The stem depth thing depends on person to person, I like deeper fit with IEMs but YMMV. When I had the Angie, I was using Comply comfort series tips.

Just find the right ear tips for you and your experience will drastically change I assume. Angie is a very romantic and relaxed-sounding monitor.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #3,067 of 3,122
I picked up a pair of used JH Audio Siren Series Angie for $475 (came with a custom UPOCC cable and all stock cables + box and accessories) and I have to say I love them!

When I demo’d it in store, I immediately loved the vocals. The stage is very spacious and detailed and the bass is flat and tight. What I loved most about it are the vocals and I can really only describe it with one word - “sexy”. I’m a big vocals fan and I find the vocals on the Angie very alluring and seductive.

I’ve demo’d the Andromeda, N5005, Atlas and Xelento and none of them give me the feel the Angie’s do for the vocals.

Not to mention, isolation, fit and general feel and look of the earphones are great too :)
Headfoneshop?

Apr 12, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #3,068 of 3,122
Spinfit and Angies are a no-no. You need tips that go all the way down, so that the end of the stem sits flush with the opening of the tip.

And it took me quite a while to put this sentence together without making it sound too weird 🤣

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #3,069 of 3,122
Spinfit and Angies are a no-no. You need tips that go all the way down, so that the end of the stem sits flush with the opening of the tip.

And it took me quite a while to put this sentence together without making it sound too weird 🤣
Tried a set of Etymotic triple flanges and that works better, but still not great. Hard to get a seal and when I do it doesn't last. Any other recommendations before I sell these on? Think they may just be a bad fit for me, which is a shame because I really like the sound when I can get them to work.

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,070 of 3,122
Tried a set of Etymotic triple flanges and that works better, but still not great. Hard to get a seal and when I do it doesn't last. Any other recommendations before I sell these on? Think they may just be a bad fit for me, which is a shame because I really like the sound when I can get them to work.
Have you tried Comply foams?

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #3,071 of 3,122
Apr 13, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #3,073 of 3,122
It's 500. I recommend the comfort 500.
Got the tips and they make a huge difference. Enjoyed about an hour of music in relative comfort, was singing their praises in other threads, then... small issue (sarcasm)!

The faceplate randomly popped off my left IEM; literally reached up to seat it a little deeper and shoved my finger /in to/ the (comically massive and mostly empty) shell. I guess I'll re-glue and sell on with full disclosure, but this is definitely my first and last JH Audio experience. Total crap show.

Trash build quality at this price point. They didn't even fill the shells, the wires are just loose in there and hot glue seems to be integral. Really disappointing because I do love the sound but can no longer trust them. I have $50 IEMs built better.

There was zero abuse involved, just normal wear. These are used, but looking at how they were put together I'm honestly surprised they didn't fail sooner. Has anyone seen something similar to this? Am I just incredibly unlucky?

I'll provide pictures tomorrow when light is better.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #3,074 of 3,122
Using for past few year and had no issues faceplate, but last year left side stopped working and sent them to JH audio for repair. They charged $250 to fix it, but also send 4 pin cable worth $100 for free.

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,075 of 3,122
Using for past few year and had no issues faceplate, but last year left side stopped working and sent them to JH audio for repair. They charged $250 to fix it, but also send 4 pin cable worth $100 for free.
Unlucky and lucky you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back