JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 20, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #3,049 of 3,122
How are your empire ears IEMs? Do you like them? There are new products like Odin and Hero. I am eyeing the Hero because couldn’t afford the Odin that everyone raves about long time ago.

I like them. I find Phantom as one that relaxes me and Legend X is great when I want lots of bass and a fun sound. As to Odin, I refuse to pay over $2000 for an IEM. Having second thoughts about spending that much on a dap too.i want to keep the dap below $2000 right now.

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #3,050 of 3,122
I like them. I find Phantom as one that relaxes me and Legend X is great when I want lots of bass and a fun sound. As to Odin, I refuse to pay over $2000 for an IEM. Having second thoughts about spending that much on a dap too.i want to keep the dap below $2000 right now.

I got the DX220MAX couple months ago for $1800 that I like so much with its full sound and dynamic especially with the Phantom and pretty much the same with Angie FMJ. Except that DAP is pretty hefty to carry around.

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #3,051 of 3,122
I got the DX220MAX couple months ago for $1800 that I like so much with its full sound and dynamic especially with the Phantom and pretty much the same with Angie FMJ. Except that DAP is pretty hefty to carry around.

I considered it, but it is larger than I want. it will be a while before I buy since I am satisfied with my Questyles. I am eying the new AK SE200 as it looks interesting. Lotoo Paw 6000 is a dark horse due to it not having genre as that is important to me. I don’t want an android Dap, but AK seems to strip down Android to just music, which is fine.

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #3,052 of 3,122
Ordering a custom Angie as I type this. I will sell my Universal after I get my custom, so I will be able to compare them. I do not know that there is much burn in for all BA IEMSs compared to those with Dynamic Drivers. Angie is a very good economical IEM (compared to higher priced) especially since I am getting it at a good price.

Why you are paying for custom one?

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #3,055 of 3,122
I still have a pair of universal metal jacket and love its sound matching well with N6ii/E01/E02. Let me know your opinion once listening to the custom made one. Thank you.

Ordering a custom Angie as I type this. I will sell my Universal after I get my custom, so I will be able to compare them. I do not know that there is much burn in for all BA IEMSs compared to those with Dynamic Drivers. Angie is a very good economical IEM (compared to higher priced) especially since I am getting it at a good price.

I already sold Angie before I even posted it for sale. I won’t be able to do a direct comparison, but I know how Angie is supposed to sound.

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #3,056 of 3,122
My Angie II universal is on its way to the new owner.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #3,059 of 3,122
Congrats! You won't be disappointed.

True. I loved my Angie II Metal Jacket sound, but I got spoiled with custom IEMs and did not like the fit comparatively, so I sold it and bought the custom. Interestingly, Angie was my first IEM and the only one that was a blind buy.

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,060 of 3,122
True. I loved my Angie II Metal Jacket sound, but I got spoiled with custom IEMs and did not like the fit comparatively, so I sold it and bought the custom. Interestingly, Angie was my first IEM and the only one that was a blind buy.
That's why I went straight to custom. Happy listening! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back