JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #3,031 of 3,122
are all angie versions tuned the same , if not how do they differ the metal versions compared to the regular ones

I do not think JH Audio changed the tuning on the Angies in any of the versions. The only difference you might hear in sound would be between a custom and any of the universals.

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #3,033 of 3,122
For those interested I have a pair of Angie with moon audio black dragon V2 cable for sale. PM for details

Mar 28, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #3,034 of 3,122
Late to the party, I'm thinking of buying an used Angie II but there are little to zero reviews of them on the internet, only v1 angie I guess, do they share the same sound. Thanks in advance. And do they considered good in the 5-600$ used price range now

Mar 28, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #3,035 of 3,122
Late to the party, I'm thinking of buying an used Angie II but there are little to zero reviews of them on the internet, only v1 angie I guess, do they share the same sound. Thanks in advance. And do they considered good in the 5-600$ used price range now

Angie v1 & v2 were tuned the same, with the only difference being the shell design/material, so they should sound the same barring fit/seal; reviews would apply to both versions. I preferred the more solid & smaller shell of the v2, but had fit issues with both versions due to my smaller ears. Angie has very solid, slightly forward mids, loved vocals on them. Going by previous prices in the listings, I'd say ~$500 is a decent price.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #3,036 of 3,122

I listened to v1 at CanJam SoCal (don’t remember what year) and bought an used v2 long time ago but still keep. However, if you match the right cable and the source (DAP) it’s going to be a lovely exceptional IEM.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #3,037 of 3,122
Angie v1 & v2 were tuned the same, with the only difference being the shell design/material, so they should sound the same barring fit/seal; reviews would apply to both versions. I preferred the more solid & smaller shell of the v2, but had fit issues with both versions due to my smaller ears. Angie has very solid, slightly forward mids, loved vocals on them. Going by previous prices in the listings, I'd say ~$500 is a decent price.
I listened to v1 at CanJam SoCal (don’t remember what year) and bought an used v2 long time ago but still keep. However, if you match the right cable and the source (DAP) it’s going to be a lovely exceptional IEM.

Thanks man, any comparisons with the Roxanne? A= ranking on Crinacle's list but in the graph, there was no Roxanne's FR graph sadly :frowning2:

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #3,038 of 3,122
I finally got my Angie v1 remold from Naga Audio. It has been stuck at China due to COVID-19 for months. The full custom seal do improve the bass a lot.

IMG_20200417_144750.jpg

Apr 18, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #3,039 of 3,122
How much it cost?

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #3,041 of 3,122
Angie has been neglected with all my newer IEMs in house. Today I listened to it and it sounds very good. I know why I hold on to it and really need to get it as a custom for a better fit than the universal metal jacket.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #3,043 of 3,122
I still have a pair of universal metal jacket and love its sound matching well with N6ii/E01/E02. Let me know your opinion once listening to the custom made one. Thank you.

It will be a while if I buy a LPGT. It will be sooner if I buy a LP6k.

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #3,044 of 3,122
I think Angie is under appreciated by people. It is a really good IEM and I am getting a custom and then will sell my universal. I decided not to spend more than $2000 on a new dap, so getting Angie won't change my timing for a new dap.

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #3,045 of 3,122
I still have a pair of universal metal jacket and love its sound matching well with N6ii/E01/E02. Let me know your opinion once listening to the custom made one. Thank you.

Ordering a custom Angie as I type this. I will sell my Universal after I get my custom, so I will be able to compare them. I do not know that there is much burn in for all BA IEMSs compared to those with Dynamic Drivers. Angie is a very good economical IEM (compared to higher priced) especially since I am getting it at a good price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back