JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #3,016 of 3,122
If anyone is interested I am thinking of selling my Angie. The headphones come with the metal box and moon audio black dragon cable

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,017 of 3,122
IMG_20191112_162417.jpg

Simple setup before sleeping

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #3,018 of 3,122
Just put in an order for Symbio W tips to see if I can replace comply with them. If successful, it will save me money on tips.

did you get Symbio, any comments on SQ is welcome

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,019 of 3,122
Hey Angie Team,

Just a quick question. Still loving my Angie v1s, however, I’m thinking about diving into the CIEM pool. Knowing that I am very, very partial to the Angie sound signature, would I get any value in upgrading to Angie customs?

I’ve read up on the other JH models and it seems that the Angies are sort of in a separate class. Especially regarding vocals.

I’ve considered the Roxannes and the Lolas but the consensus seems to be a more neutral sound, where I prefer the warmer signature.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #3,022 of 3,122
i wonder how angie first version by astell & kern the red ones with black carbon fiber compares to any of the following

1- sony ier-z1r
2- noble khan

can it still be a good compliment to one of those 2

Also: i read a lot that some find angie sibilant or has some harshness in the highs is that a correct description

what are the differences between angie v1 and v2

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #3,023 of 3,122
i wonder how angie first version by astell & kern the red ones with black carbon fiber compares to any of the following

1- sony ier-z1r
2- noble khan

Also: i read a lot that some find angie sibilant or has some harshness in the highs is that a correct description

I think Angie I and Angie II are only different in the shell. I think their sound is equivalent. I have not heard the other two IEMs you listed.

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #3,024 of 3,122

1- sony ier-z1r
2- noble khan

I have never heard any sibilance or harshness with my Angie II at all.

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #3,025 of 3,122
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #3,026 of 3,122
It’s a bit confusing once you read some complain about sibilance and other says it’s dark, then some say it’s has good highs

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #3,027 of 3,122
got the angie first gen, really impressed, what a nice iem

wonder how it compares to other jhaudio iem such as the new flagship layla aion. Or the new roxanne. Really interesting iem. I love the mids on the angie and I do not need more bass than setting it at 6 oclock , the high are also great. Its a very emotional sounding iem , are all jhaudio iems like this

sometimes when i touch the cable where the screw is the sound cuts out, unless i am not screwing it in the right way. do not know if its the cable or the socket of the iem. Any insights on this ?

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #3,028 of 3,122
Hey Angie Team,

Just a quick question. Still loving my Angie v1s, however, I’m thinking about diving into the CIEM pool. Knowing that I am very, very partial to the Angie sound signature, would I get any value in upgrading to Angie customs?

I’ve read up on the other JH models and it seems that the Angies are sort of in a separate class. Especially regarding vocals.

I’ve considered the Roxannes and the Lolas but the consensus seems to be a more neutral sound, where I prefer the warmer signature.

Your help is greatly appreciated

There may be some slight changes when moving from universals to customs. This is true with all IEMs not just the Angie. This can be attributed to customs providing a deeper fit as well as greater isolation. Usually you’ll notice a bump in the bass. You should be able to attenuate this using the bass pod. You also need to factor in what tips you were using with the universal, as that can alter the sound slightly as well. Otherwise there is no way to know for sure how the sound will change. I’ve read some stories of people not liking the change/noticing big differences. Ideally, it shouldn’t change much, but I do know this is the reason why many custom IEM manufacturers do not offer universal versions of their IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #3,030 of 3,122
are all angie versions tuned the same , if not how do they differ the metal versions compared to the regular ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back