JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 10, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #2,566 of 3,122
  Has anyone had any issues with the build quality of the Angies II?

A couple of people have reported on the forums that their UIEM faceplates have fallen off their Roxannes, which is a little worrying considering they're flagship from JH Audio.

No problem on my Angie II

And in case it happens I guess I'll be confortable with a tiny drop of epoxy 
popcorn.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #2,567 of 3,122
If you don't get deep powerful bass at about 13h (cable bass settings) you are not getting a proper seal. I recommend comply comfort TS500 (round ones). Due to the size of the Angie I couldn't get the same isolation (and bass rumble) with the same silicone tips I use with other iem that allowed a deeper insertion. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #2,568 of 3,122
I always had good luck with the Comply- I, too, finally settled on the Comfort 500s because they were the shortest of all the Comply tips (the ends did not extend too far past the nozzle ends)..  Seal was easy to achieve (although I went down from Large to Medium to Small before I got a perfect fit).  Bass and mids are excellent, although highs can be a bit less than desired.  

But I kept trying with Spiral Dots, trying to find the right size, and finally, after getting Large and then Small, I've found that the Medium gives me the best seal.  Now my Angie/AK sound is a bit brighter and bass is solid (though not perhaps as full as with the Comply.  Plenty of rumble, but more defined and less thick.  Bass ports set between 2 and 3 pm (a bit more towards 3).

Also, I just upgraded from a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable to the new Silver Dragon.  Incredible amount of detail and bass is really tight.  Upper end is much more apparent without being shrill.  I'm still playing with the bass port adjustment (it comes with the ports all the way up, I've turned them down to about 3pm for now) but so far it's a really worthwhile upgrade.  Pricey though.  

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,569 of 3,122
Can you compare the comply and spiral dots with the stock tips. I find the small silicon fit well, might even be a tiny bit big. I find the medium stock foam to work well. I want to try the comply and wonder whether small or medium would be similar for to stock medium. Likewise I've tried the spinflt tips and found the XS would get a very deep seal if positioned carefully but not with consistency. The S spinflt wasn't much better. Have not tried M yet.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #2,571 of 3,122
I am using them with Comply TS500 reversed that give a less closed sound than the normal position.

Normal:

Reversed:

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #2,573 of 3,122
Nov 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,575 of 3,122
My comply comfort tips arrived today. Bit disappointed, the mediums are as fat as the large stock tips. Not that comfortable as a result. I wish I'd known that small TS500 equate to stock medium in terms of girth.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,576 of 3,122
Sorry what do you mean less closed sound ? Care to share? tyvm

I assume he means there's less chance of the ports being covered with the tips reversed. I didn't hear any real difference but they were easier to insert the correct way around.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #2,578 of 3,122
Angie 2 + Mojo = Orgasm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5a0786dcc5a7821e4ebf52d2c61d6cf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back