Jethro Tull - Aqualung - Perth Concert Hall - Pics
Feb 28, 2006 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
A few "crappy" pics of last nights show, my little camera just "sucks" as you guys would say
tongue.gif
More pics here.

DSCF3074.jpg

DSCF3106.jpg

DSCF3132.jpg

DSCF3154.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Glad to see you had a good time 'cos you were really looking forward to it. Great band live. I think 'Jethro' (Ian) is living on a barge still isn't he?

Now ....... do your headphones sound like the real thing?
tongue.gif

Ian

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Naw....tell it as it was....you were dancing...
biggrin.gif

Well........ a bit, but he was moving so damned fast about the stage it was hard to photograph him!

Quote:

And your evaluation?

The Venue: Brand new multi million pound concert hall... very sterile, no character, no smoking, no personality... just bland and typically "modern"

The audience: Wine swilling wannabe "toffs" with turned up noses and suits... no character, no atmosphere, emotionless "sold out" middle class, double chins, polite applause, wannabe "elite" brigade with as much personality as a house brick...... cold and sterile...... no anarchists in the audience apart from my friend and I. Wouldn't want to be trapped in an elevator with these people.. a barrel of laughs "NOT"

First half: Mainly "acoustic" stuff with a female violinist, volume very low, no real "gel" to the set list, extremely disjointed and disappointing.... So much so that at the interval we both agreed it was probably the poorest show we had seen so far, the audience didn't help they were almost silent.

Second half: Volume cranked way up to "11" different kettle of fish entirely! Superb! A rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Led Zep's "Blackdog" with Anderson going bonkers on the flute.... mind blowing solo guitarist, absolutely mind blowing! Drummer encased in a perspex dome thingway..... a few classics from Crest of a Knave, thick as a brick and aqualung beautifully executed. Show ended with a huge balloon being kicked into the "crowd", I tried to get it to auction on ebay but some stupid idiot burst it!

All in all: Wouldn't go to see them again. The second half (as good as it was) didn't make up for the first half.. totally disjointed, no atmosphere, just stale. I put most of this down to the venue and the audience it was just so sterile with nobody smoking and 85% of the audience wearing "suits"... Great musicianship (and I mean 100% spot on) but just didn't do it for me in that politically correct stale venue.

Next up: Australian Pink Floyd (same venue, hopefully "different people"
mad.gif
)

Edit: CCTV cameras all around the building, big brother, very hard to smoke a pipe.

Quote:

PS.
Were you the youngest on the crowd?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dunno about the youngest but I appeared to be the only one there with "attitude" and a sense of timing.

Bourgeois chardonnay swilling audience leaving the arena:

DSCF3155.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back