Jerry Harvey Roxanne Problems
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MrIEM

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

I've lurked for along time but finally registered for an account as a service to other users and perhaps to get some help. 

My background is that I've been using high-end audio equipment since the early 1990's. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff. I'm familiar with a number of manufacturers and most of them are pretty equal in the service they offer. When it comes to headphones and IEM's the best service I've received has been from Shure's professional division. They're really good in my experience. 

That said my experience with Jerry Harvey is an ongoing nightmare-hellride.

I ordered a pair of Roxanne's in February of this year and paid in full. I opted for Carbon shells and paid for that upgrade, by separate invoice in early February. A $500 upgrade.

Dear XXX,

Your invoice is attached. 
Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Jerry Harvey Audio L.L.C.

Code:
 2515 E SEMORAN BLVD Apopka, FL  32703 (407)814-0017 [url=mailto:customerservice@JHAUDIO.COM]customerservice@JHAUDIO.COM[/url] [url=http://www.jhaudio.com/]http://www.jhaudio.com[/url] Invoice No.: XXXXX Date: 02/04/2014 Due Date: 02/04/2014 Terms: Due on receipt Balance Due: $0.00

All in I paid more than $2,000 for what should be the best IEM's I've ever owned. I sent my molds in immediately and began to wait.

At the end of March I emailed to change my delivery address. I was going to work on a movie location and didn't want to miss the package. I wrote the following: 

Two questions.  
1. Any idea on an eta on my IEMs yet?
2. Can you change the delivery address to:

XXXX

…and confirm? 

Thanks, 

Etc...

I heard nothing back. No email. No call. On April 16th I sent the following email to the woman who'd emailed me from JH previously, Angie S. in Artist relations.

Angie,   
I’m still waiting for an ETA. Can you help?

No response. Time passes and I make a call. I'm handed to someone who claims to be a VP. He doesn't seem pleased to hear from me and says my IEM's will be done in about 3 weeks. Great. I go back to waiting.

Three weeks passes. Over a month later, on May 20th I email again to check in.

Angie, 

Can you update me as to when I might expect my earbuds? I keep traveling. Any chance they’ll be here this month? If not when?

A week later I get this:

Hello,
Your order was placed on February 4th, impressions were received on
2/6/14.Our current lead time on Carbon Fiber Roxanne order is several
months. I unfortunately cannot give you a shipping date or even a timeline
for the Roxanne Carbon fiber order if you choose to wait until it is
ready. To make the handcrafted carbon fiber piece, it is a far more time
and labor intensive process and our team is working as hard and as fast as
possible to get this to you.

Thanks,
Angie

I appreciate the feedback but it's not an answer to my question. When will I get my IEM's? Is there a manufacturing issue which means they're incapable of delivering them, or am I simply being served last? Both are non-ideal.

I respond the same day. I need these IEM's for work. Not having them, and having spent the money, is a real issue.

I'm a little disappointed that the best answer is just 'wait'. How many people are in line ahead of me? When will work on mine be started? Your VP told me by phone it'd be about a month 3 weeks ago. Is that no longer the case?

I hope you understand that I need to plan my work. If I am not going to have these for months I need to make arrangements to get some alternatives in place. That'll cost money. 

Please put yourself in my position and make a suggestion. I don't want to "check back in a month" that means nothing is happening. You guys must have a plan and a list of jobs. Is there a production problem I need to know about?

I'm stressed but this seems reasonable. I've been given dates that have been missed. It's not my job to call and chase them. Two days later on May 29th I receive this:

Hi XXXX,
Several are in front of you. We are working very hard to get the back
order of Roxanne's out the door. Please be patience they are the best
sounding ear pieces ever. Everyone who has received them are email talking
about how awesome they are. 

Great. They sound awesome. I don't have mine. I have already bought them. I just want to know when I'll have them. I write back immediately.

Thanks. So when can I reasonably expect them? Please help me plan. 

When should I tell people they’ll be here?

The following day I get this:

An estimate would be September.

Thanks,
Angie

Since then I haven't been able to face having another conversation with them. 

I feel very let down and it suggests to me the company is barely capable of making these pieces. If that's not true unless you're an established customer, or a famous name they recognize, I'd say buyer beware. However great these IEMs are, are they worth a years waiting? Especially given the price paid which in this case buys no service at all.

I'm stuck. I really want these earbuds. I don't want a refund, but seem to be able to do nothing to get Jerry Harvey to move faster.

If your Roxanne's are brilliant I'm pleased for you. I'm not going to say I'm going to cancel my order or make any threats. I just want other people to know what they're getting into when they part with their $2K.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 10
I preordered the Universal Fit version in mid-jan.
Didn't get them until beginning of April and they were defective =/

Where they immediately defective or did they break over time?  Depending on the when, this could somply be a return to the retailer.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Jh audio not famous for customer service or quality control. The more successful they get, the worse it gets. Might want to charge back and order something else. Maybe a universal or noble or others. Lots of good ciem and iem now. But if Roxanne is the dream, then really no choice but to deal with their issues which I have seen are getting worse and not better. The Roxanne's are good however.

Btw I went with ref1 which I think have superior sound but is universal.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 10
I ordered my custom Roxannes back in late Apr and was told 60 days wait for delivery, note these were standard acrylics.  I received mine mid July so just less than the 60 working days I was quoted.  I never chased or followed up by e-mail.  The acrylics have quotable wait times but carbon fibres are unknown.  People that ordered from BF sales still haven't received theirs.  If you have urgent need then changing to acrylics may help.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for the feedback. 

I have plenty of universal options. My issue isn't the delay as much as the lack of feedback, service, or basic professionalism.

They have my money. Given the wait I would be beyond upset if they shipped anything imperfect.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for the tip. To be honest if I was to change anything I'd back out entirely but I don't want to. 

They're clearly shipping units. I guess they're outsourcing the carbon and having issues with it. It would be better if they communicated though and perhaps provided options.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 10
That's not good. How were the problems handled? Are you happy now?

I'm still dealing with them now for replacements / repairs >.>

I preordered the Universal Fit version in mid-jan.

Didn't get them until beginning of April and they were defective =/

Where they immediately defective or did they break over time?  Depending on the when, this could somply be a return to the retailer.

Immediately defective. Moon-audio wanted nothing to do with them and told me to contact JH about it. (It is in the Terms of Sale that they don't refund IEMs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back