Jedi Knight II... just bought it and it's good!
May 23, 2002 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Nick Dangerous

Mr. Tuberrific
I haven't gotten very far into it... just to the Jedi Temple and ran into Luke Skywalker. The apprentice area has characters practicing lightsaber duels in real time and it looks incredible!

Anyone else play this? So far, it's an excellent game!

May 23, 2002 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 12
Definately a fun game
smily_headphones1.gif

I started to get bored after a while when I first played it, then I got a lightsaber
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #3 of 12
Been playing the demo non-stop for a couple of days now... and I'm definitely getting a copy. Unfortunately my sis has dibs (we alternate buying games and then sharing. I did Thief, Thief 2, No-One Lives Forever...old games so she's catching up.
rolleyes.gif
), so it's going to be awhile before I get to play the real thing.

Man the Force is FUN! And the light saber?!? Heehee, it actually scorches the wall so I do graffiti... but of course, that's a billionth measure of its coolness.

May 23, 2002 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 12
You have to check out the mods for it too. There is one called Wave I think, that sends wave after wave of enemies at you, and you then get to obliterate them with a light saber....which sounds pretty cool to me.

May 23, 2002 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 12
Hehe, I've beaten the game already! It was just an OK first-person shooter until you get the light saber and force powers... then it absolutely ROCKS! I can't say enough good things about it then. Deflecting laser blasts w/ the light saber, dueling w/ Reborn... but the best parts come when you have to fight multiple Shadow Troopers at once, that is SO MUCH FUN! BTW, watch out when you guys finally get to fight Desann and his apprentice, Tavion... they are very tough.

Misc. notes:
- Light sabers sound just like in the movie
- Now I know why the stormtroopers in the original trilogy never seem to hit anything... that stormtrooper rifle is really inaccurate!
- Who's bright idea was it to make a sniper rifle that won't let you move around standing up while zoomed?
mad.gif

- Using Force Push to knock a group of stormtroopers off a high ledge NEVER gets old!
- Force Grip + Lightsaber Throw = Instant Death
- Make sure you have the realistic combat cheat code enabled... you can slice off multiple body parts during light saber combat!

May 23, 2002 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 12
Got it, played it, beat it. I love Star Wars, I love their computer games. I actually liked Dark Forces the best out of all of them. Story-wise anyway.

May 23, 2002 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Nice game that has a serious need for something I don't think we've seen since Die by the Sword: VSim!

I really want the light saber action to be (even) better, imagine being able to control the saber (and arm) movement directly with the mouse. Running up to your enemy blocking a hit and then chopping of his head with you own special move, not being restricted to some predefined saber movements..

Anyone who played DbtS (especially in multiplayer) will know what I mean
wink.gif

May 23, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 12
raymondlin, 99% of games coming out these days won't run terribly well on a four-year old video card at high resolutions.. but i'm pretty sure you could play at around 640x480 without many problems. not entirely sure though, haven't played the game.

May 23, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin

- Make sure you have the realistic combat cheat code enabled... you can slice off multiple body parts during light saber combat!

How is it enabled??

May 23, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 12
- Open up the console by holding Shift and pressing the ~ key.
- Type the following commands:
- helpusobi 1
- g_saberRealisticCombat 1

The first enables cheats, the second enables realistic combat. You'll know it's working once you start severing limbs.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back