Jecklin Float info
Dec 11, 2003 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pp312

Hoping to be taken seriously for once in his life
Questions about the availability of Jecklin Floats come up here and at Headwize periodically, usually with no replies. The current concensus seems to be that the electrostatic is defunct and the rest generally unobtainable. Well, there is a shop in Oz that sells all three Jecklins. Go to http://www.tivolihifi.com.au/merchan...pid=500&step=4
to check out the Float 2 and follow the links from there. Given that the AU$ is pretty strong these days they may not be competitive with your Senn 580's etc, but the Float is a unique product that could possibly suit even those who normally can't abide headphones. It would indeed seem the ideal compromise betweeen cans and speakers. I've just bought a second-hand pair of Float 2's and will post a review in due course--assuming anybody's interested, that is!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 11, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 13
1 interested head-fier here!

Feb 19, 2004 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 13
'bout time someone did the review,even if just out of curiosity and the rickmonster is curious

these puppies have been around for about 30 years and from memory were alwasy highly regarded if a bit unusual.The word was the imaging was awesome and the airiness top notch

and in my mind are sorta the precursor to the AKG K1000 , both cans not really making contact with your ears,so the principle is similiar

yeah , I'm interested

Feb 19, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 13
Ooh, I'm interested. I've actually been looking at these recently, even though they really aren't practical at the moment. Maybe after I get some better closed / portable cans...

Feb 19, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #10 of 13
URL doesn't work for me either. maybe they're blocking K1000 ueser?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back